Goldbaar on chinchillas.com?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...for them working with the mutation you'd think they'd at least know the proper spelling of the mutation. Having talked with the ranchers that named the chin, it is Goldbar because they look like a gold bar.

Honestly, I hope if they offer any in the future they work on the quality more. 460g at 8 months? Not to mention, the goldbars I have seen in person actually look golden, not like homo beiges. :neener:

That chin looks like my homo beige girl that I got from Bowen's Chinchilla Ranch only my little girl is quite a bit bigger.

Haha, I thought it was "gold bar"! I've been out of the swing of things for a while, but I didn't think that looked right. But then I figured I may have been wrong, lol. I thought it looked a lot like a homo beige as well! I've seen MUCH better looking gold bars. Still thought it was interesting though! First time I've ever seen a gold bar for sale.

I saw this last night, and was also annoyed that they spelled it with two A's.

.COM and/or Jim is not working with this mutation (that I know of). The ranch brand listed on it is BCR, which belongs to the Baar's with whom the mutation originated. They probably gave this girl to Jim just to try and get what they can for it, cos really, you can't do much with a 460g female.

I saw this last night, and was also annoyed that they spelled it with two A's.

.COM and/or Jim is not working with this mutation (that I know of). The ranch brand listed on it is BCR, which belongs to the Baar's with whom the mutation originated. They probably gave this girl to Jim just to try and get what they can for it, cos really, you can't do much with a 460g female.

My guess is this is why they spelled Gold Baar with 2 a's.

I'm looking at my homo beige then looking at that picture and mine looks exactly like that.

Maybe you have one of those elusive "chins of a different color" you know like from the Wizard of Oz? lol. I thought the same thing when looking at the picture- and it sold for a thousand bucks? well, what ever floats your boat, thats why im not a breeder I suppose.

A lot of the chins purchased on .com go overseas. They snap up any and all "unique" animals they can find on there, and yes, they will breed a 460 gm female. We've had plenty of forum members from Singapore, Malaysia, and other places who think nothing of it. So I don't doubt at all if this animal goes overseas that it will be bred as soon as they can get their hands on it.

Well, maybe I should sell my home beige as a Goldbaar for a thousand bucks lol! j/k
a. Its sooo wrong to mislead people like that!
b. I would never give her up! She's the perfect chin!!

A lot of the chins purchased on .com go overseas. They snap up any and all "unique" animals they can find on there, and yes, they will breed a 460 gm female. We've had plenty of forum members from Singapore, Malaysia, and other places who think nothing of it. So I don't doubt at all if this animal goes overseas that it will be bred as soon as they can get their hands on it.

Oh no, she looked such a small girl, I really hoped that she would go to a pet home. I actually really liked her, though agree that she doesn't look very distinctively Goldbar, more as though she were homo beige or maybe Lowe Recessive White. While even apart from the size she doesn't look like one I'd want as a breeding female, I just thought there was something about her somehow, not the colour so much as her face (I know, I know, I just like a slightly pointer nose, and bigger eyes). I wish I had bought her, I know I'll always regret her.

I've been intrigued with this mutation for awhile and have been patiently awaiting the grand arrivals of the great offspring that the elite have been working with and then I hear this?!?! It is disappointing to say the least.

Grand offspring from the breeders working hard on this color isn't likely to end up on chinchillas.com...It would stay in thier herd.

I am working with Goldbars now. I have 3 male Goldbars in breeding. One is paired with a 750 gram standard Goldbar carrier female, one with a 725 gram standard female that took a 2nd place at Nationals, and the other with a 715 gram standard female that took a 1st place at Nationals.

Back