Girl or boy?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonniemorris

Mummy to 3 mad chinnies!
My sister just got her new baby and she isn't sure whether it's a girl or a boy, this is the best picture she could take...

Attachments

• yoshi.jpg
    yoshi.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 75
How little is he/she? I am thinking it is a boy, but young enough you can't see the space from that angle.

im not super experienced or anything but i have a boy and thats not what he looks like so i would guess a girl. im assuming it would depend on age as previously stated though.....hopefully someone with more experience can give you a concrete

That's not a very good picture. I can't tell for sure. To get a good picture, hold the chinchilla with one hand facing away from you. With the other hand, gently grab the base of the tail and lift up so that the rear feet are not touching anything. Have someone take the picture, over your shoulder, while you hold the chin is this position.

How little is he/she? I am thinking it is a boy, but young enough you can't see the space from that angle.

Really? With the cone being that close to the anus? I'm not doubting you, just confused. More making sure I am sexing young animals correctly.

Last edited:
For the first picture, I agree with Becky. While it looks like a girl in that picture, it could easily be a young male with a smaller gap.

The second picture makes it clearly a female.

Latest posts

Back