GIANT POOP!!! Help!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufflestoose

My chins poop started to occasionally be huge and softer than normal? Is there something wrong and what should I do ?

There could be something wrong for sure. In the morning make a vet appointment. Collect as many droppings as you can so that they can do fecal tests on them for parasites. There are a number of things that can cause large, soft droppings. If it keeps happening, it is very possible that it could be a parasite.

Have you changed anything in this chins diet recently?

I haven't changed his diet recently and my chin is fine. So I don't know could have caused it

I'm feeding him his normal food from the ranch I got him from. I give him the occasional dried kiwi banana chip or half a teaspoon of raw organic oatmeal. And their water is filtered. His poop isn't always giant though, it's strangely big only sometimes

What brand is it? Mazuri, oxbow etc. I would stop with the banana chip treats, too much sugar. Does his poop smell at all? Is there ever any mucus on it? I would definitely take a sample to the vet and have it get checked out.

Latest posts

Back