getting more then you wanted

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcoronaangel

I guess this wont pertain to those of you with 60+ chins since you have tons of room but to more of the "pet" chin owners out there.

Wondering how many others have been through what I am going through.

I bought two chins they were great... wanted to get more to add on. I bought three more. They fought like the dickens. So I separated them. Long story short I am buying a new kennel, new bass pans, new wheel ect ect
I bought more thinking Id be able to give my guys more chins to interact with but instead they all decided they didn’t want it. So now I will have to fit a new kennel in my already crowded room.

So... it was more then I wanted. Looking back I would have chosen Not to add to my herd. I loved my boys, were happy with how they got along. Maybe I should have kept with the number I had. Having said that... I like my new boys very much. Each has its owner personality. But it was a lot more money then I originally though. 300+ for new chins 200+ for a new kennel 100 for pans 250+ for new supplies… :hilarious:

Comic___Evil_Chinchilla_by_Rimfrost.jpg

LOL

I love that comic. That is my bedroom every single night. Wouldn't trade them for the world though. :)

I'm sorry you got the poop end of the stick when it came to the chins not getting along. I did the same thing with my first chin. I got a second thinking he "needed" a friend. Well, long story short, they wanted nothing to do with each other. Even Buttons being in the same room started Chula's fur chewing, and it hasn't stopped since even though they are in different rooms now. I hate that it is my fault, but I had no idea it would happen like that. You just deal with the situations as they come.

I hope your luck picks up in the future to at least have civil playtimes with the chinnies. Some just don't get along at all, like my two.

I bought two of the cutest brothers thinking they had a better chance of getting along than two strange chins.
At about 10 months old puberty was in full swing and that was it.
It was durring a play time when it got scary.Keegan was humping on Orin and Orin freaked out.It went from playing to Keegan running for his life in seconds.
I'm just glad I was there and able to seperate them befor Orin got a hold of Keegan.
They are the sweetest little guys towards us and I wouldn't trade them for the world,but Orin will never have a room mate again.

It's just something you have to deal with anytime you decide to add more. I have 7 chins and 5 singles- only two live together peacefully. Would it be nice if they would all pair up? Of course. But either they refuse to have a cage mate or I don't want to risk it, so each will have their own cage. I am very glad I got FN's because they really save space.

i now have 7 as well. 2 live in one ridiculously huge handmade cage, but they are separated in that cage. 1 lives all alone in a feisty ferret and the new 4 i just got are in a 3 story FN cage that barely fit in my house. they are all separate but one pair.
i have to say life would be easier if they were paired better. i would have more room and less time needed for playtime. but i would rather take the time with them than have them fight to the death. i am currently trying to figure out how to make a room just for them, so i can have my house back in order since they are everywhere (my living room, my kitchen and the new ones in quarantine in the basement).

Latest posts

Back