getting chins together

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
normally I don't have a problem with this but I have a particularly difficult female that I want with another female. I have tried several things - nothing has worked. I am going to try one more thing. I heard that if you put the 2 in a small carrier and take them for a ride, that is sometimes works. My question for those who have done this and were successful how long of a ride??

I have done the "car ride" method twice, it worked both times. But, you want to make sure you have someone driving and someone to watch the chins in case they still decide to fight. We drove for about an hour, not sure how long you need to, but an hour worked for me. Also, when brought home they must go.into a neutral cage. Good Luck.

With females taking them in a small carrier in the car for awhile can work wonders! I've had chins get along in as little as 20 minutes that way and some the car trip is a couple hours long. What I always recommend is to take the chins with you when you are going to be out running errands for a hour or two. I trim off the whiskers, it distracts them a little more especially with more dominant females.

And, definitely put them into a neutral cage...Narcissus is right about that!

Latest posts

Back