Fur is falling out

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

the dreamer
Tia is fine in every other way except the fur on her butt has been falling out. It loosens and hangs halfway out in random clumps and then I usually pull it out. What could be the reason for this? She's eating/drinking/pooping fine.

What is priming? I think my chinchilla is doing the same thing but I don't know for sure. It's been this way for almost a week and she's been really emotional and literaly pushes my hand away when I go to touch her..is that normal?

What is priming? I think my chinchilla is doing the same thing but I don't know for sure. It's been this way for almost a week and she's been really emotional and literaly pushes my hand away when I go to touch her..is that normal?

Priming is when chinchillas go through a shed of their old coat into new. It usually happens from head to tail, but can be spotty as well. A priming "line" and oddball tufts sticking our are good indicators that this is the case.

Back