Fur Biter

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScarlettSugoi

My male chin Pixel has been fur biting for a few months now. After a while he stopped and it started growing back, then he started again.

He is eating Oxbow pellets and hay, he takes bathes every few days, and he is very active. Always on his wheel and comeing out to be with me.

So my question is...is he okay?

Some chins are just fur chewers. My Chula is all chewed up from the middle down. He is in a FN, has a full fleece set, a chin spin, gets as much hay and pellets as he wants, has 6 hanging, gets daily extra twigs to chew on, has a mini TV near his cage that he loves to watch, gets at least a 30 min. play time every day...yet he still chews. I've tried everything. Eventually I just gave up. Now he just has a funny haircut. :)

Good to know. Its like my best friends chins are not too friendly. And mine, the fur chewer, looooves to be petted and rubbed on. When I come to the cage he runs to the door and lets me kiss his nose. He gets wood all the time and pumice stones. As well as the best food and hay all the time. He just seems happy. When Im in bed and I talk to him he jumped around. But he chews. He is still so cute though.

Chula is the same way. He's my friendliest chin, yet he's the chewer. At first I thought he was stressed, but now I think he just chews to chew. I've given up trying to find a reason. :p

Latest posts

Back