Freedom!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydz

Well I woke up this morning and walked into my living room only to freeze and scream at my husband who was still sleeping "YOU DIDN'T LATCH THE CAGE!!!!"
That got him up quick.
Well, my boys were in chin heaven last night. They went everywhere, bathroom, office (even hopped to the chair and up the desk), kitchen, under couches and coffee tables, and some how in their dust bowl. At least there was plenty of paper for them to chew on and they didn't eat my furniture and it looks like the cables are good too.
My house is filled with dust and poo and I just finished spring cleaning. :banghead:

Thank god though they didn't get to the basement because the door was open and I am sure they would have been goners (into the sump pump pit).

My husband is now on cleaning duty.

I guess, in this case, a little poo and dust is a good thing!! No harm, no foul!!
Give him a little break - poo happens!!

Same thing happend to me about 2 weeks ago. I had taken a migraine pill and I guess i didnt latch one of the boys cages and he ran around probably all night! thank God the toilet bowl was closed and he couldnt get in the room where the sump pump is. It also took over an hour to get him back in his cage! I finally put it on the floor near the couch he was hiding under cause I figured he was thirsty.
Now every night I check & then double check both their cages.
They are moving into their new "mansion" tonight, so I have to get them and me in a new routine!

I make Marshall so nervous with that he is always checking cages to make sure they are latched. I tend to leave doors open when I am feeding and I think it is making him crazy when he sees me

Oh scary! My chins are in our basement, but thankfully our sump pump is covered. So they couldn't fall in there. As one time MuShu did escape while I wasn't home, my parents were watching them. I think this happens to practically everyone at some point in time.
Glad they're okay!

Glad everything worked out....How's hubby liking cleaning duty? I am sure he learned a good lesson!

Ah sweet freedom! Your boys were definitely in heaven. My house is always dusty! I have the chin's in the livingroom and decided long ago if it doesnt bother me then I don't care who it bothers lol! I'm not the best housekeeper, but I'm an excellent chin lover!

I had a super pet cage that had odd doors once and my chins learned how to undo them and It was when I had them living at college with me. Suddenly I would hear my suitemate yell that one of them came for a visit haha. Thankfully there as no where unsafe in that apartment

Back