Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBug

So a couple weeks ago i got Fluffy and she was on the Kaytee Timothy Hay. and then i got a package from Susan at AZChins that had Timothy Hay in it.
Fluffy loved it. Well i put in an order for it so it will get here between wednesday and friday.
but the problem is.. i'm outta hay. and she will not touch the kaytee hay anymore. she just throws it.
will she be okay with just eating the pellets for this week or what?

I think she will be fine. Leave the other in her cage incase she changes her mind and decides it's not sooo bad!

okay, we do have it in the cage. but like i said she just throws it. and turns her nose up at it. but she has been eating pellets quite a bit lately she goes through a handful a day.
but we'll keep it in the cage so that way if she does change her mind about it it'll be there for her.

Maybe see if you can go to the store and get a small bag of oxbrow....see if that would tied her over until your package arrives.

Okay :)
and yes definitely, she chows it down nonstop
even has her own little stash in both sections of the cage plus has some in her tube.. lol

I know, but I am always amazed at how certain chins react to having timothy hay that is even just slightly different. It must be similar to how people taste wines...even though one wine is the same type of wine they can tell the difference!

Fluffy is a hay connoisseur. My chins have enjoyed that hay immensely. The hay all comes from the same fields in Nevada but varies slightly from batch to batch and with the time of year. She smells the hay and thinks, "this hay is a nice September 2011."

^^ why did i just envision a group of chins sitting around a mini bale, tasting strands and acting all highfaluting and snobby?? :rofl:

Back