Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, this forum doesn't sell food, members on the forum do. Second, you need to post where in WI otherwise no one is going to know what is close to you. Third, you need to specify what kind of food.

Are you wanting chin food? I see you also have a hedgie as well so I'm not sure which type of food you are wanting to purchase? What is the feed name that you are currently using?

On the food manufacturer's websites, you can usually put in your address and it will give you nearby feed stores where you can buy the food in bulk. With just one chin, though, you'd probably be best getting the smaller bags from Petsmart. The ONLY acceptable food that Petsmart carries for chins are Mazuri and Oxbow. It costs a lot more to get them at one of these stores than order from someone online, but it's your only choice if you don't want to order. Do not even look at any of the other food Petsmart, Petco, etc sell. It's all terrible.

And just so you know, it's pretty much impossible to own a chinchilla and never order anything online, unless you have a breeder/rescue nearby. The things pet stores sell for chins are 99.9% crap, and the few decent things they do sell are priced through the roof.

I have made a few purchases (food, chillers, sticks, willow toys) from members on this forum and have had no trouble. You just need to do your due diligence before you make the purchase. I stick with people that are frequent posters to start with, then look for any threads related to that seller.
With shipping, I paid about $1 a pound less for Mazuri, including shipping costs, than I would have at the local Petsmart. And that's not counting the $8-$10 in gas that I saved shopping with my fingers and the in-stock guarantee.

You'll find that we have a variety of reputable vendors on this forum. The mods are pretty good about shutting down anyone who doesn't live up to their commitments. Chris made some good suggestions above; I think that you can feel pretty comfortable ordering from any of our members. :thumbsup:

i very much agree that the members here with goods to sell are great! i've ordered from three different people (so far, lol!) and all were wonderful to deal with, answered all my questions, had great customer service, and i would not hesitate to order from them again.

Camphor Chins (alli713), Thingsforwings, and AnnieO were who i ordered from. out of those three, Camphor is the only one that sells feed.

Back