Flying Saucer vs. Chin Spin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morselchip87

Hi Everyone!

I just adopted a 4 year old Chinchilla, Gizmo, last week. The previous owners also gave me the cage and toys he had in there. They said that Gizmo never used the wheel the entire 2 years they owned him. I just purchased a larger cage for him, the Prevue F040, and want to get him the Flying Saucer from Quality Cage. However, I'm concerned that since he doesn't use the wheel he currently has, he won't adjust to the saucer. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Laura,

It looks like it's a large Silent Spinner. I'm just concerned that since he doesn't use the wheel now, that it would be a waste of money to purchase a new/different type.

Thanks,
Michelle

He's probably never used the Slient Spinner wheel because it's to small for him, it must be painful for him to run on. I think you should throw it out sooner than later for his safety. Chins don't need a wheel if they have a decent sized cage, but that doesn't mean we chin people don't spoil them ;)

Some threads that talk about owning a chin spin / flying saucer -
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1106715

Last edited:
My chin has a flying saucer, and although it took her awhile to even get on it, she now uses it everyday and it was the best thing I ever got for my chin.

I personally prefer the FS, I just like how they allow for full stride and I think they're easier to clean!

Back