Fleece Tubes and Tube Covers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you were to purchase a fleece tube or tube cover, what do you prefer and what size

• Tube, hardware and fleece cover

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Tube and hardware only, no cover

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Tube, no hardware, no cover

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Fleece tube covers only

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 6" x 10"

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • 6" x 13"

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 4" x 10"

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other, please note in comments.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
i'd prefer the whole kit and kaboodle - tube, fleece, and hardware. having everything sent in one package makes it easier than having to go out and get specific components, or sew your own covers (i'd have to call upon my sketchy junior high sewing skills from home ec, lol!).

and the 6x10 size because that would fit a chin nicely and not take up too much space in the cage.

So I accidentally voted on the wrong one, my vote SHOULD have been "other." I would prefer to buy the tube and the cover... no hardware.... which isn't an option.

The thing is, I make shelves for a lot of people that I adopt chins to, as well as for some various people that email me, and on top of that.... I save the bolts and such from tubes that eventually disentegrate with use... so I have a crapload of carriage bolts, hanger bolts, washers, and wingnuts sitting around. While I won't complain if a fleece tube comes with those... they also bring up the cost. I'd rather pay $10 for a fleece tube (just as an example) without hardware, rather than $13 for one with hardware.

Part of the reason I chose that I would like the tube and cover (but no hardware) is because while I am fully capable of managing the hardware part myself... I am less than patient with trying to get a cover on a tube. I have a hard enough time in the event the cover needs to come off for washing, I can never get it to "look the same" as it did when it originally was shipped here. So I need the entire package (minus hardware).

I would need the hardware, fleece cover and tube.. i wouldnt mind a 6x13 size so that both my girls can fit in there nicely

I should have put other in addition to my other votes of just tube. I wasn't sure if you were talking cardboard tube, metal or pvc... 4 of my 5 boys are ok with the cardboard tubes but right now I really need a metal tube for the booger who found out he can chew the tube to bits :) I also have the hardware and fleece taken care of.

I should have put other in addition to my other votes of just tube. I wasn't sure if you were talking cardboard tube, metal or pvc...

I would like to know what type of tube too. I would only need tubes if it's pvc and covers since I have plenty of hardware.

I voted for the first option. however, i will say that whenever i purchase a new tube, i'll just buy one of the chubes at petsmart since i can get it instantly. fleece covers...i will probably never attempt to make those. though sometimes i wish i could cuz i've found A&M fleece that i'd love to make a set out of but no one in texas makes tubes. unless someone was willing to have the fleece mailed to them for them to create some awesome-ness. but i would think shipping costs may get too high.

alli...i shouldve stalked you when you were in texas! lol

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to PVC tubes. And the hardware meaning the screws, the washers and the wing nuts.

I either want the whole kit n kaboodle or just covers. I've had chubes covered in the past and Shell will chew it. For some reason she leaves her PVC tubes alone.

I'd say sell a couple different versions. Some with all the hardware, some with just replacement covers, etc. Sometimes I need a whole tube. Sometimes, I just need a new cover, or sometimes I just need replacement hardware.

I picked "other" for size... I like 6"x12" because I have multiple-chin cages... so the more chins that can pile into a tube, the better.

Back