Fleece Liners

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

beckie467

Ok, so I keep seeing all these fleece liners around here, what do you guys think of them? I have a ferret nation for my babies and am currently using shavings which takes FOREVER to clean especially when the babies start bouncing off your head lol. What do you guys think about the fleece liners? Are they more of a pain than they are worth? Do they smell? Please let me know what you think because if they are worth it I would consider trading my babies over!

We used fleece liners in our FN cages and loved it. We have since switched to smaller cages but still use liners. Some people use a litter box with their liners we do not. I take ours out vacuum them off with the shop vac and wash them every two days. I don't notice much of a smell but then I am a bit OCD when it comes to keeping the chin room clean. I love them so much more than using bedding thats for sure.

They have cut my cage cleaning time in half. They only smell if you're not on top of switching them out every 3 days or so.

I have a fn and i like using the liners because i dont have to worry about bedding being trown halfway across the room and the girls seem to like it too

I don't like to leave my liners in more than three days, mine probably smell more than yours because I have 3 cages each with two chins in them.

lol then yeah i guess your room does get stinkyier faster lol

I may have to try them out then, do you guys make them yourself or does someone make them for you on here?

I made them myself, and a tutorial of mine on how to make them is posted in housing & accessories. There are also some people on here who make and sell them.

I used them when MuShu had a cut on her leg to keep the cage cleaner for her. Personally I didn't like them though. Probably only because she wasn't very good at going in her litter pan and would pee on the fleece, and at that time I was in an apartment with no washer so was washing the liners by hand.

Otherwise, I just use pine bedding and each cage has a litter pan which they are good about using, so I change out their litter pans and the rest of the bedding stays clean except for poo.

Maybe now I would like them better since I have access to a washer, but I think I'm sticking to pine for right now..

Do you anchor the fleece down in any way so they are not flipping them all over the cage??

Mine came with industrial velcro and it works perfectly. I'm really happy with the fleece liners but my boys potty in their litter pan 98% of the time, so that helps.

I tried to use liners and a litter pan, but I did away with the litter pans/pine shavings and I just sticking to liners alone. My kids made a mess of the litter. JoJo within a few minutes was dragging his litter pan all over his cage and trying to dump it out. Its just as easy for me to use the liners and once a day I take them out back and shake off all the pooh. Since I have one chin per cage I can use the liners for 3-4 days before they need washing.

Okay, I think I may want to TRY fleece liners for my cage. I noticed my boys use the fleece hammock I made as a bathroom.

Is it really as simple as it sounds? You just put them in, and then take them out ever 2-3 days and wash them/reuse them? Meaning I'd never have to buy bedding again?

I remove mine daily to shake off the pooh..or get a small handheld broom/dustpan to clean them out. But yes, I only wash mine every few days and I have a spare set of liners to use while my others are being washed.

Latest posts

Back