Fleece Liner and FN pan questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkybugsy

So I took the plunge and I'm picking up my FN 142 tomorrow... now I have a few questions that I couldn't figure out from other posts. Up until now, my cage has had a fairly deep bottom tray that I've used pine bedding.. I'm gathering that pine will be a mess in the FN.

Do the fleece liners sit in the pans or cover them (like a pillow case)? If that's the case, do all of you have metal pans and use magnets (plus, are the magnets sewn into the liner or glued with non-toxic glue?... or if you use the original plastic pans how do you attach the liner? Do any of you use pine.. if so, do you have it on the plastic trays or in the metal pans? Finally, is Bass the only company that sells the trays? I'm contemplating buying them as well... but now that I've got the FN and a newly ordered Chin Spin I'm feeling more than broke. Thanks for any input.. I read the other posts but these details evaded me.

They just sit in the pans. Some people just take fleece and wrap it around the pans if they don't feel like making or buying liners. Also, you can use grommets and hooks to attach them to the sides of the cage. I personally just have liners that sit in the pan and I use houses and chinchillers to keep the liner down.

I used to use pine in my Bass pans, never in the plastic pans. It was an absolute mess and just not worth it so I started making liners instead and I'd never use pine again. Bass is the cheapest for pans that I've found, but maybe someone else can give some input on that.

I think I'm the only one that makes them like pillow cases. If your chinchillas don't chew on the plastic pans, then you shouldn't have to worry about it. I probably wouldn't do it if I had the Bass pans. I've been trying to work with a guy to have some made (preferably <$60 and stainless steel).

Back