Fleece, FN142, ramps oh my!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shubbles

Did someone say woood?
[FONT="Co[SIZE="3"]mic Sans MS"]Hi, so i am thinking of getting an FN 142. and i will be buying several fleece liners and tubes and houses, the works, so my questions are do chinchillas always like fleece? also does the FN142 have a pan to hold the poop and stuff? because on every forum i here people saying " i need a pan like that" so if it does come with a pan, why would you even want a bigger one? i am sorry for all the questions :oops: lol just a few more i promise, so when you have fleece does the fleece absorb the peep and you just brush the poop off? also how do you wash it, what to mix it with what to not that stuff? And in the FN cages i see they some have those sweet bridges that swoop down and back up, where do you buy or how do you build one? LAST ONE, how do you connect the fleece liner to the cage, actually one more, the fn looks pretty tall, is it safe for a chinchilla incase he falls? sorry for all the questions, thanks alot![/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have yet to see a chin that doesn't like some fleece, the only issue is that some will chew it up. Most leave it alone though.

As far as pans go, the FN cages come with plastic pans, which chins may chew up, so some people buy metal pans from http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx

Yes, the fleece does absorb the pee, but most people have one pan of litter in a corner where their chin pees the most. Then you can sweep off the poop or shake it out. You'd need to wash the liner every couple days or else it will smell. You would just wash it in the washing machine.

As far as attaching it to the cage, some people use velcro, some people use tabs on the liners with clips that clip to the cage bars, and others just put the liner in the bottom of the cage and houses and things that sit on the ground keep it in place.

I'm pretty sure that the bridges you're speaking of are my squiggle bridges. http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7450

I can answer a few of these... the pans that come with is are very shallow and they are plastic.. chins can chew the plastic easily and mess up their GI tract. I bought a pan from Bass Equiptment for $40 (that included shipping) they are large metal pans... mine is also 3" high instead of their normal 2.5" high so I paid an extra fee for that. I brush the poop off the liners and I'm going to wash and air dry my liner to clean the pee... I have other pets so all their laundry goes in together. I made my liners rather thick, so they don't need anything to hold them onto the cage... they sit flat on their own. Plus my wheel covers one end and my granite 'Chin Chiller' tile holds down the other end. You could always make fleece ties to strap onto the cage bars. I think Ashley is selling the suspension bridges in the supplies section.. I'm sure there are a few other vendors who sell them as well.. just type 'bridge' into search and the topics will come up. I took the middle pan out of my FN and my chin can go from top to bottom.. there are lots of shelves and hammocks around the sides so the hope is that he will never fall the whole way down.

thanks guys, and ya those bridges are really cool, definetely gotta get me one of those!

Back