Fleece "covers" and ventilation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shieldmaidenjen

I have a question about ventilation for y'all. I am experimenting with a fleece cover for my FN and I want to make sure the chins will have enough ventilation.

When I say cover, it sounds like I'm covering them up completely but please note that it's NOT a full cover. It completely covers the back and the sides. The top and entire front of the cage are not covered at all, and the fleece on the sides and back are tight but not like sealed over the bars or anything.

In the opinions of my fellow chin owners, would this give my babies enough ventilation?

(Note: House temperature is usually 68 degrees F on the dot)

Thank you!
Jenn and The Colony

I have fleece on the back and at least one side of my FN cages. I've never had an issue with ventilation.

There is a vent in the middle of the room and the door is always open to some degree (not when chins are out playing but that doesn't count because I am in there with them).

Shooper makes covers for the FN's and they look really nice. I think as long as they aren't tight to the cage and the front and top are left open it should be fine. She just put some pics up on her facebook page "Fleece for Furries".

As long as there is adequate air flow through the room and the cage itself receives some of that air, I think it would be ok. Definitely don't cover the whole cage though. Most people recommend only one side to be covered for more airflow. As you have it set up, it can only flow through the front and the top.

Good luck! :)

Latest posts

Back