fleece chewer?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cmills5081

Heyy everyonee soo I finally got all of rufios fleece items today and I love them I wish I had them to sleep on they are soo soft haha. But anyways rufio was kinda chewing at the liner earlier is this common for a baby chin to do when first introduced to fleece? I really don't want him to ruin it. Thanksss :)

Oh if I ever see a chin chewing on fleece they don't get anymore. That is dangerous and can cause impactions. Definitely take anything fleece out if they show any signs of chewing it.

depending on how long ago you added it, it may stop, they may just be checking it out but get bored of it, but if it continues remove it

Mine "chew" it...more like nibble on it, they'd pick at it a couple of times and then stop...I think as long as you see that rufio doesn't tear any apart and eat it, I think you're fine. =)

I agree that mine try to taste the fleece when it's new and first put in. They generally only take a nibble, and maybe a small tuft of the fuzzy part of the fleece comes off. I think that's okay. But if you notice your chin continually chewing the fleece, and making holes in the fleece, then it's best not to put any fleece or other fabrics in the cage.

I agree that mine try to taste the fleece when it's new and first put in. They generally only take a nibble, and maybe a small tuft of the fuzzy part of the fleece comes off. I think that's okay. But if you notice your chin continually chewing the fleece, and making holes in the fleece, then it's best not to put any fleece or other fabrics in the cage.

Not to steal the thread, but what other fabrics would be chin safe.

Thanks.
jean

I don't consider any other fabric chin safe. But I do know that some people use cotton or flannel. I don't agree with it or use it even though it'd be cheaper. Anything other than fleece is going to be easier to chew and will come apart easier and come apart in threads that can easily be ingested and tangle up in their intestines.

Latest posts

Back