Finally got churros new cage set up

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmb223

It has taken me a week to get his cage set up and ready for him to move in but i am finally finished minus the chin spin which should be here wensday. Other wise so far he loves it he he has been runnning around exploring trying to figure out how to break out of the cage and it is pretty funnny watching him explore. I made all the ledges and the fleece items instead of ordering them becuase I got a great deal on fleece at a local fabric store that was having a sale. Anyways it is a fiesty ferret cage and lets see if I remember how to post pictures right:hmm:

Attachments

• IMG00082-20100328-1914.jpg
    IMG00082-20100328-1914.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG00083-20100328-2236.jpg
    IMG00083-20100328-2236.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG00084-20100328-2236.jpg
    IMG00084-20100328-2236.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 84
thank you I also forgot to mention the final price on the whole thing cost me less then $100 which I am more the pleased with

Looks GREAT!!! You have inspired me to pull out the sewing machine and get creative with some fleece this summer!

That price tag is awesome, as is the new cage. :)

The only thing I would do different is add a hammock in the center. You could move the fleece corner house up to the top and move one of the hammocks to the center. You just want something in the middle to catch him in case he misses a ledge or falls from high up in the cage.

lookin good! i have one of my boys in the feisty ferret and i never thought to take out all the shelves and replace them with wood!! zucca is not a chewer so he doesnt chew the plastic and he does have wood shelves to leap on but that looks great.
i do agree about putting something in the middle though, even the most agile chin can miss a ledge, especially if they get spooked.

I dont understand what you mean by put something in the middle? On the top there is a shelf that goes the whole width and on the left hand side is where the ledges are for him to get up top. On the right hand side I am putting a chin spin in once it gets here on wensday and in the middle is just dead space. What could I even put in the middle of the cage? and for where he pees... I have tried for a year now to get him to be potty trained and I used a litter box in his old cage and he would never use it so he goes where ever he goes. I made 3 tubes 6 hammocks and 4 liners so I channge them out every two days and clean them all as for the wood i sand them once a month to get the stains out becuase he just wont pee in one spot. Its a bit of a hassle for me but its not that bad I guess I dont mind the extra work I usually have alot of free time so instead of playing video games or watching tv I do an extra load of laundry or two a week its not to bad.

maybe it is the angle of the picture........it just didnt seem there was anything to "catch" him if he fell from one of the top ledges.........but after your description it seems there is.

it just looks like the top ledge is at the top and then nothing but a small ledge near the bottom, as the tube and corner unit is all close together, but again it could be the angle.

Here is two pictuers from the left side and the right I don't know if this helps or not?

Attachments

• IMG00085-20100329-1438.jpg
    IMG00085-20100329-1438.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG00086-20100329-1438.jpg
    IMG00086-20100329-1438.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back