Finally found the BEST dust bath house!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roni Jasper

I've tried several different houses designed specifically for chin bathing, and then different make shift ones but all were lacking in one area or another. But I've finally found, a dust trapping roomy bath house for the girls. http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4017038 , just thought I'd share in case others were having trouble finding one that doesn't leave dust all over and is easy for them to get in and out of and finally has plenty of room for rolling around for the 600g chinny. :thumbsup:

Heck I wanted one for the cat and wouldn't spend that much! I made a different version of it.

Just as an FYI, the small craptastic plastic houses run $17 at most pet stores, which is very much not worth it either.

I can't use the litter box as a dust house because I don't share dust between chins, but I know a lot of people who do, and this has cut down severaly on the dust in their house. They just leave it in the chin's play area and after play time sift the dust (for poops, etc) to use until next playtime.

I would have never had thought of using this as a dust bath house. I have two for my cat's Litter boxes (and love them BTW).

I don't think I would do it personally, I use ceramics just because I like them better and I know that my brats are chewers, so I try to keep plastics away from them.

I use a large bowl for my chin, the sides are very high so dust doesn't get everywhere and he likes it because its glass and it makes ding noises when he rolls :].
Also, I've thought about getting a LARGE cookie jar (Like the kind you buy at walmart?)
I've found their easy to clean...I don't like plastic stuff...

I have a glass jar and a plastic house, I put them in the bathtub. Once the chins are done just turn on the shower, excess dust cleaned up ;)

I use a large Kritter Keeper for my Chins...without the top, of course. Everybody has enough room to roll around and hop in/out. I just let them bathe in their cages...so easy clean up come cage cleaning time. :))

Back