Finally Finished the Cage!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshB.

I have finally finished Zion and Mako's cage, so I decided to post pictures. Take a look! Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Front
ChinchillaCage1.jpg

Back
ChinchillaCage4.jpg

"Top"
ChinchillaCage3.jpg

"Bottom"
ChinchillaCage2.jpg

It looks good :), I like all of the ledges you have for them, that's cool! What's under the igloo? Your cage looks tall, be sure there aren't any spots in the cage where they can fall a far distance :).

I like it, it looks really nice...just keep an eye on that plastic igloo. If they start chewing it I would get rid of it asap. I have one too so I'm not bashing you..just keep an eye on it :)

It looks good :), I like all of the ledges you have for them, that's cool! What's under the igloo? Your cage looks tall, be sure there aren't any spots in the cage where they can fall a far distance :).

Thanks! There aren't really any spots where they could fall too far. I think you're talking about the seagrass mat. It is so they can sit under the igloo without having to sit on wire. They also like to chew on it, hehe.

Seagrass mat: http://www.coconutking.com/images/332_6_in_seagrass_mat.jpg

I like it, it looks really nice...just keep an eye on that plastic igloo. If they start chewing it I would get rid of it asap. I have one too so I'm not bashing you..just keep an eye on it :)

Thanks. I was considering ditching it but they love it, and I haven't noticed them chewing it at all. The chew marks on it are from when it was with my guinea pigs.

Thanks. I was considering ditching it but they love it, and I haven't noticed them chewing it at all. The chew marks on it are from when it was with my guinea pigs.

As long as they aren't chewing I would leave it. I have one in my babies cage and they like it because they can snuggle together in it and feel safe.

Looks good :) You may want to move your water bottle down to the bottom level so if it were to leak it wouldn't absorb into the wood, but in the shavings instead.

Very nice job!

How sturdy is the cage itself? I know that is the thinner type of wire, but full length shelves really help make it less wobbly. Is it loud when he runs around?

Very nice job!

How sturdy is the cage itself? I know that is the thinner type of wire, but full length shelves really help make it less wobbly. Is it loud when he runs around?

What makes the most noise is actually the doors. The doors slide up and down, so when they jump on the ledges the doors rattle against the cage. Not sure if you can picture what I'm talking about.

I know what you mean, it is typical of bird cages to prevent escape. I didn't think of that but it makes sense that that would be the cause of any noise.

Latest posts

Back