Ferret nation poll

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you keep the middle pan in your Ferret Nation or take it out?

• Keep the middle pan in

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • Take the middle pan out

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

WhiteTree

For those with a Ferret Nation 142 and have it as one cage, do you keep the middle pan in or take it out? Just wondering whether more people keep it in to prevent high falls or just to provide more floor space for houses, or if more people take it out of the cage and leave just the bottom pan.

I have 2 cages without the middle pan and 2 cages with, I just based it on my chins; the one with the middle pans are the more clumbsy ones.

i have my fn split in half for each chin so i have a full pan on both the top and bottom.

I actually cut a little larger hole myself in the middle...it's 10 x 12" I believe and I got the custom pans from Bass for it. I like it much better that way :D

I took the middle pan out so they have more room. I like the openness. I did put a bridge and shelves stagger through the middle so if there are falls they aren't as far.

I just moved Roo from a smaller cage into a FN. I left the middle pan in because he's not used to having that much room to move about...plus I get a little paranoid. Actually all of my cages have a middle floor of some type...I think they like the extra floor space. When I had them wide open they seemed more cautious about jumping around too fast.

I keep the pan in the middle in, mostly to prevent them from crashing around from top to bottom and sending the poo flying everywhere =]

For all my cagemates in a two level, the middle pan is out. Just saves on the cleaning time, and is easily replaced with a middle, front and back selves. It's fine if you ensure that there are enough shelves to break a fall.

I have the middle pan in for my one ferret nation only because Murphy is a nut case & LOVES to jump around like mad. I worried that if I took it out he would fall. I have it in there as a safety measure. I plan on getting another one for Baxter & Smush and theirs will be taken out.

Well as of right now I have it as one big cage but maybe one day I will switch it back again to having it split.

I have the middle pan in my FN right now but I plan on taking it out. I just have to make some more shelves. I'm getting a second FN soon but I'm not sure what my plan is with that one yet.

I have 3 male chins and 1 of them has to be seperated. I figured out a way that we all seem to like. I have it divided about 62% for pair and 38% for Louey. The 2 boys have the whole top half and hop downstairs to a shelf which takes up 1/2 of the lower right quadrant. So I figured out 50% plus half of a quarter of the cage, about 12% = 62%.
The best part is Louey was sad and depressed when he was separated and all alone, but now they can touch noses and paws and they are all happy. I don't need any deep pans either, I am very lucky since they all go pee in litter pans.

I actually do both. I have the add on to the FN 142 (FN 143), and Carmen and Minnie live in the bottom two levels (with no middle pan), and Trousers lives in the third floor penthouse with the pan in place. It works really well (except shorty here has to stand on a chair to reach Trousers) ;)

Just make sure you have tons of shelves and such!!!

I keep the middle pan in, but only because the cage is separated into two spaces for my boys who need to live separate from one another.

I have the Bass pans, and the middle pan has a cut-out. I am terrified of one falling and getting hurt. Having two distinct levels really prevents that more easily for me.

Latest posts

Back