Ferret Nation or Quality Cage Mansion

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's attracting me to the QC are the shelf guards, but the FN's doors seem really nice especially to me, since my chin is a pain to get out. Is there a homemade solution for the FN for shelf guards? I have poop all over my floor all the time, it'd be nice.

What's attracting me to the QC are the shelf guards, but the FN's doors seem really nice especially to me, since my chin is a pain to get out. Is there a homemade solution for the FN for shelf guards? I have poop all over my floor all the time, it'd be nice.

You're going to have poop all over your floor, no matter what cage you have..unless you have a completely solid cage. The cage guards may help some, but I'll expect they aren't 100%. It doesn't take much to just do a quick vacuum clean up.

You could try fashioning some guards out of planks of pine, if you really wanted to try it. I personally won't spend the money on guards, because I know my chins are crafty and would just fling their poop over them anyway.

I know this thread is kind of old but I have a ferret mansion which I thurougly enjoy and much prefer over the FN There's tons of different cages out there but I guess I just liked to let that be known.

Back