Ferret.com Cage.. what do you think?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have it, but I wonder if the hidey house will fit in the bottom with a wheel and not take up all the running room. Even with a corner litter pan (which I've never seen in metal so aren't generally chin safe) it seems like the small footprint would be a problem.

I'm starting to agree. I took a second look and even though it'd look nice in a corner, it's really cutting down on space by being a corner piece. Thanks guys!
I'm trying to find cage plans for building a melamine and pine cage and i've been searching for them but I can't find any..

Any ideas?

There was this great one that I used on c-n-q but i cant find anything haha

I actually saw a CL ad today with someone posting chins for sale with this cage. It doesn't look so bad, but the bottom is wire isn't it? The bars may not be as strong as I would like either, but I've never seen one in person. For the price, I'd stick with a FN personally.

3m53p33o25Q65X25S5ab68587c020584f161d.jpg

FN vs. the corner cage.

I'm not a huge fan of melamine either - you have to build them and melamine isn't cheap, they're very heavy, not easy to move around, not very much air circulation compared to wire cages and I don't like how they stain so easily, but it's all up to personal preference.

This is true. Another thing to think about! My concern is the wire makes it easier for poo's to fall out and hay to be scattered around the cage and with a melamine one it'd be minimizing that a bit. But, it kind of comes with the chinnies!

Looking at the picture that Tiffany posted, the only place I see that could fit a wheel is either the bottom near the floor (safest anyway) or on one of the flat sides. If the wire is thin, a wheel mounted up on the wall risks breaking the cage. A wheel, esp. a Flying Saucer, on the floor would leave almost no room for the chin(s) to move.

I LOVE MY Ferret Nation. It was worth every bit of the $200 I paid for it, and if I added lips on the shelves, I wouldn't have half the amount of debris on the floor that I do. I also keep a loose drape of fleece over the cage, in part to corral the stuff and in part to discourage the cat from trying to pet Crash. (She likes to put her paw on other critters and just leave it there. I think it's a comfort thing, but obviously it's not safe for either of them.)

Latest posts

Back