Feisty Ferret Issues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
We had two girls surrendered today with their Feisty Ferret cage. No matter how tight I make the screws in the bottom shelf area the cage still sits wonky if rolled. Has anyone else had this issue? I worry about the stability of the cage with the legs sitting like that. And both sides do it depending on which way I roll the cage.

P1010842.jpg

I would love to just take the shelf off the bottom completely to eliminate this issue, but haven't figured our a good wheel situation like we did with our Ferret Nations.

P1000043.jpg

Has anyone ever taken the shelf off and put wheels straight into the bottom of the cage? If so, what wheels did you use?

Crysta, I know you're pretty good with your hand tools so this might work(hard to tell exactly from picture how pan fits in).Take a hacksaw and trim off the height of the shelf support. Then reattach the shelf(which should fit right under the cage pan after you shorten the supports) with the wheels.You would lose the storage space but shortening the supports should make it sturdier.

Back