Farmer Dave

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, thank you! :cute:

His Apple wood is really expensive, hopefully QualityMutation has their store up and running again soon. I was in a pinch for Apple sticks before my chins started a riot. When they started making spears out of the last few I gave them, I got worried ;)

Are there any other places that sell timothy hay cubes? I can find Alfalfa and alf./timothy cubes easily, Farmer Dave is the first straight timmy cubes I've found.

I've thought of using timmy cubes because loose hay is a pain, but price wise per bale, I suppose I shouldn't really complain. After shipping etc. it would probably cost more.

I think Quality Mutations might be a little delayed; she's had a hectic year in terms of breeding/vet visits for her fur children.

ForCHINate Chins stocks both kinds of hay cubes for about $.60/lb iirc. She's got a lot of willow shapes for toss toys and such too, and she's great about working with you on shipping costs, etc. She is a busy mother of 2, though, so sometimes it takes a couple days to hear back.

You can always contact Oxbow and see how much 50 lbs of their timmy cubes would be after shipping. Oxbow is the only other one that I can think of off hand that does straight timmy cubes.

I was going to suggest the same as Crysta. Oxbow has 50 pound bags of pure timothy cubes. They have smaller sizes as well, but with as many chins as you have, the 50 pounds would be a better deal. You need to call them and tell them you want to place an order and have your credit card handy. They no longer take orders through their site, but they will over the phone. They won't do little things, but the larger boxes they will.

I ordered some of Farmer Dave's hay and it was horrible. Full of weeds & dirt clumps. It looked like lawn clippings. Plus my chins wouldn't touch it.

I've ordered hay off farmer dave numerous times (both online store & ebay)...chins loved it, but my asthma didn't. When mine arrived it definately was "fresh" and no issues of mold or dirt any of the times that i've ordered.

Also, my chins absolutely LOVE his apple sticks :)

Back