Falling down

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoiFish

~MMP~
Mochi climbed up to my shoulders and well she didn't balanced right and fell off. Now she is favoring her left arm and started grooming the under part of her right arm.

When I tried to touch her right arm area to make sure it was okay she made noises and bit me! :eek:

I'm worried now, will she be okay?

If she isn't using it by the morning I would take her into the vet to be safe. That is a long fall for a chin and she could have broke it or injured something else.

I agree... it could just be a bit sore, but it could also be broken. To be sure, I'd want to get xrays unless she's 100% fine tomorrow.

The only way to tell for sure would be an xray, but I would think if she's using both hands then she has the mobility. keep a close eye on her and if she isn't using it 100% take her in to have it checked out.

If she's holding a treat, and eating it, I highly doubt there is any skeletal damage. A chin in a huge amount of pain generally won't munch on a snack.

If it was me, rather than rushing off to the vet, I would confine her in a small cage for a day or so and watch her. If she continues using it and isn't favoring it, odds are she just landed wrong and pulled a muscle.

Latest posts

Back