Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli713

..has a fleece addiction
Extreme Makeover Home Edition is doing a house in the town next to mine, and I was lucky enough to go and volunteer on the site of the build today! A lot of people tried to volunteer to get in and didn't make it so I felt super lucky for my one day today!

It is so crazy how fast they go on these houses! When I got there at 10 in the morning they only had the basement cement in, when I left at 2 they had the walls already starting to go up. And tomorrow the roof will go on.

Sadly, I didn't get to see Ty. I found out that they do two builds at one time and swap the teams out between the two builds. So I saw Xzibit, Michael and Paige, and they also had two people from Dancing with the Stars, but I don't watch that show so I don't know their names.

Just thought I'd share some of the pictures I took as maybe some other people are fans!

The whole basement, the metal thing is a conveyor belt for gravel
IMG_4544.jpg

Xzibit laying some gravel in the garage
IMG_4543.jpg

After Xzibit went to talk to some fans
IMG_4534.jpg

Random picture of me
IMG_4537.jpg

Michael and Paige
IMG_4540.jpg

Michael throws his hardhat into the basement
IMG_4539.jpg

Then Paige goes into the basement
IMG_4546.jpg

They were filming while the actors were out there, so it was cool to watch the whole thing. Although the size of the house is a tad ridiculous...

That's awesome. You were so lucky to have nice weather. My brother was a framer for a house built in Voluntown, CT in the winter. It was beyond COLD. It might explain why Paige was a bit snooty and Ty was elusive...my brother's words LOL. I loved Ty. He is why I have a chinchilla named Ty. However, when I found out he spent most of his time hanging with friends in Boston during the build, I was very disappointed :impatient:

That is very cool Allison! You look so cute. ;)) Where did they set you guys up to sew/volunteer?

I didn't get to sew, I was so sad! Oh well. :)) Not sure if they actually have sewers or not though.

Today we were all over helping out wherever, picking up the trash around the area, bringing water to the workers, transporting things and what was funny was that we had to tear all the paper labels off the plastic waterbottles so that they wouldn't get advertising on the show when the workers drank out of them.

I've wondered about those builds that go up so quickly. I was under the impression that concrete needed time to cure before you start building things on top of it; else you risk bad mojo like cracks because it's weak. When the show the build on tv, it looks like there's never a time where they pause to let that happen. Then I wonder how long until the homeowner discovers the problem and how much it's going to cost to fix it.

Latest posts

Back