Extra skin after weight loss?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
Does anyone have suggestions on how to help with extra skin after weight loss? I've dropped a lot of weight due to some medical and family issues ( sorry no great dieting tips! ) and am down 5 sizes... The problem is my skin is so saggy, I know this is kind of an expected thing, but my belly is the worst. You can literally pick my skin up off of it in places, not fat, just skin, so the fat I have there still looks really saggy!

Not looking for surgery to fix it, but just something to help... Suggestions?

I don't have any experience with this (never lost enough weight that quickly!), but I did some super-quick online research, and the first couple things that popped up were losing more fat (apparently there's extra skin because there's still fat under there to lose?), and toning through exercise. I would guess exercise would be the most effective, maybe you could try sit-ups and other ab exercises?

Also, I'm not sure how well this would would work, but it might be worth a try: Sephora (and other beauty suppliers, I would guess) has some "skin firming" lotions. You can check them all out here. Many do have good reviews, but they seem kind of pricey and I can't tell you from experience if they do anything.

Hope this was helpful in any way!

I do exercise when I can, but sometimes I physically can't right now. Hopefully I'll be able to regularly again soon. Depending on the heat I can't be outside for long, and right now I'm having issues with my hips we're trying to get fixed. ( I swear sometimes I'm just falling apart).

I might do some more research on the lotions, I know I tried some of those wraps, they're the big thing around here right now, and they didn't do a darn thing. So I'm kind of up for anything...

Thanks for looking!

Iv been told that MSM will help firm up the skin to the body so that it isn't so loose. I'm not sure what all is in the MSM pill or what all it does but I'd ask the doctor first to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back