Escape Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Someone forgot to latch the chinchilla cage last night and my Chewie escaped. We have a very large house and he had all night to explore. Any suggestions as to how to find him?

You do not want to put food or water outside the cage. If you leave the cage door open and a way for Chewie to get back in most of the time they will go back to the safety of their cage.

Have you seen Chewie any where or heard him/her about?

If you do not know which room he is in, put out water, food and dust in the middle of each room. Close all doors and wait to see where the footprints occur. Since all doors are closed, he should be in the room where the footprints are found. Keep all doors closed until you have located him.

I always use a live squirrel trap I bought from TSC. Chins can usually find food, but will come to the cage/trap for water. I put a water bottle on it and rip open a raisin so they can smell it. This is the only time I let them have a raisin. I do not give treats.

Latest posts

Back