Ernie photos~

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Alex~

So I finally got my fleece order from Brittney~ :) She did an amazing job! I really loved it and it looks so cute in Ernies cage. He's really happy with all the new comfy stuff to sit on!

004.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

I was surprised by how brave Ernie was and by the end of the night he was jumping straight into the house and sleeping in it! His favorite spots are still his box though (made by susan) which he has loved in that exact spot since I brought it home. He also loves the tube~

The hammock ended up being WAY too big for the cage (it took up the entire top level) so I decided to lay it down like a blanket and he couldnt be happier! Thanks so much brittney! :hug2:

More pictures to come :p Im a picture maniac so I have tons of Ernie~

I'm so glad you both like everything. Your cage is looking good Ernie!

I clicked on this thread for some Ernie photos :impatient: and all I see is a pretty nice cage decked out "fleece" cage ;)!

Thank you so much! And of course there is!! He loves the camera and takes some decent pictures~

005-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg
004-1.jpg

(please let me out of the cage!) lol He begs like no tomorrow...

thank you! And I knew someone was going to bring this up...

Yes he does still have the ramps in his cage. I don't personally feel there is a problem with them. There are no small spaces where the ramps and wire ledges meet and the metal is appropriatly sized for his little feet. (you can see the size of the wire in the first picture, that is the size that the ramps are too) I know the other concern is partially the whole "his body is not used to that kind of movement" argument but frankly if he wishes to jump up the levels he does so. He will jump on one spot of the ramp then jump up through to the second level. If he wants to walk, thats what he does. It in no way forces him to do either or hurts him in anyway. He does very well in this cage and loves to lay on the metal despite there being tons of places for him to sleep. So thank you for your concern, but I really do assure you that the ramps are causing no harm to him. :) Also, if there was any chance that it would have hurt him Im sure Susan would have already taken care of that since this cage came through her first before coming to me.

Yay! Ernie is such a handsome boy!! Cute cage, even if it is PINK (my favorite color, but the BF would have a fit if I decked out my 5 boys in pink)

We can take the ramps out if you like, but they're just the 1/2"x1/2" wire and the cage is pretty large. He doesn't need them and we can take them out pretty quickly. Most of the time I don't bother if the ramps are made of safe wire and there's room for the chin to move around without them getting in the way.

Either way should be fine.

Yes...chub chub, you love pink! hehehehe

I'm fine with them honestly and I dont think he would care either way! If I wanted to ever I would just snip the wire that hooks them to the cage and take them out..but to me I think hes okay. :)

I think the cage is deceptive in size...I always think its smaller until Im trying to move it! Then I realize Ernie has it good...lol! And Im like...his toy slave this guy is never without 50 bajillion toys to chew on (if you guys didnt notice the HUGE pile of stuff to chew on) and I just ordered him tons more! lol I think Ill be a-okay on toys for atleast a month or two. I really need to get him apple wood though. I bought some at the petstore and he goes through the whole package in about a day!

Thank you brittany! I'm so proud of this little guy. hes very quiet and shy but is full of attitude at the same time. :) He's just amazing!

Back