Emergency/Exotic Vet in South Jersey area?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissanne

I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable exotic veterinarian that has experience treating chinchillas in the South Jersey area? I live near Cherry Hill, NJ and I have called around to many local vets in my area who state that they treat exotics, however all of them have said that they either have no one on staff or only one doctor who is slightly familiar with treating them. I also would like to find an emergency 24 hour vet who can treat chinchillas as well. All of the emergency vets that I have called said they cannot guarantee that there is always going to be someone working who is familiar with chins. They said to call ahead and see if they can accommodate them if an emergency arises, but honestly in the case of an emergency, the last thing I'd want to do is call around to a bunch of places trying to find someone who can help them. I want to have this all taken care of in advance to get them the quickest treatment possible. I don't mind driving a half hour or so, but I don't necessarily want to be much further away in case of an emergency. Thank you in advance for your help!

I live up closer to Mt.Zion Chins (trenton area) and contacted her for a recommendation as well. I can tell you NOT to go to Yardville Animal Hospital. If you have an emergency situation, North Star is a 24 hour emergency vet in Robbinsville and I have heard nothing but great things about them and their exotics vet.

I agree Northstar is highly recommended. Also in Cherry Hill is the Animal and Bird Health care that some of my 'customers' use and they love them

It's a little bit further, but Windcrest Animal Hospital in Wilmington, DE has 3 exotic vets on staff and a 24 hour emergency hospital as well. We just worked with Dr. Anthony and he was exceptional.

Thank you all so much for your recommendations! I will check those places out:) It's been very difficult trying to find an experienced vet for my boys! Not to mention one who is open 24/7 for emergencies.

sry i didnt see this sooner. I lived about a mile away from woodbury so i wasnt not to far from you. Just moved out earlier this year. I took my ferrets and chins to All Creatures Veterinary Care Center. 352 Greentree Road. Sewell, NJ 08080 856-256-8996 They have two vets there seemed pretty knowledgeable about chins. They are the ones that did the testing on my chins when they diagnosed him as most likely having diabetes, and they also did the surgery on my ferret.

Back