Ebba

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinHedgies

Hey everyone! I am starting a thread just for Ebba - I have some updated pictures of her from this evening. She is doing amazing! She is up to 22grams and she is taking her antibiotic like a champ! The perimeter of her stump is much less red, and she is starting to try and walk! She is still far behind the others as far as weight but she is growing!!!

Ebba1.jpg

Ebba2.jpg

Ebba3.jpg

Ebba4.jpg

Ebba5.jpg

Cool. How is the leg looking? I know its only been a few days, but any change in its color? Either bad or good? Or is it just staying the same?

The leg is looking great! I have three days left of the antibiotic and then she will be reevaluated by the vet (it will be a home visit since I am not comfortable taking them in to a vet office yet). there is no reddness surrounding the leg today and no swelling! She is growing - 29grams this morning!! and moving around like the others. Her eyes are starting to open and she is getting her "peach fuzz" on her tummy and face. :) I think my little lady is going to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 grams this evening!! She is growing like a little piglet :) Last dose of the antibiotic was last night and her leg still looks great, just waiting for the black "scab" to fall off. I was able to palpate her stump this morning there is no edema and no redness and after the scab it feels like a strong bone. I sent pictures to my vet and am just waiting for a call back which should be on Monday and if she sees any issues she will do a home visit and assess whether or not she needs more antibiotics, but I honestly don't think that she will as long as it continues to look so healthy. I gave her a break today with handling since I have been handling her so much lately, but I'll try to get some cute pictures of her tomorrow - I'm stuck inside anyways with the nasty blizzard that's going on right now. Tomorrow is a high of -1...so I will be hibernating!

Aw, it's good to see that she's doing so well.

I didn't realize you lived in rochester, I have family here. The blizzard is starting to pick up, up here really bad. I hate the snow. It's -8 degrees at my house!

IDK, perhaps she might benefit from the dead tissue debriding. (removal) That dead stuff is full of germs. She may still need antibiotics. I can only speak from my experience of nearly losing my leg in a dirt bike accident, that took 6 months to heal

The dead scab fell off today and the leg is now completely closed (I'm hoping that it will stay that way). Ebba is walking well on it and moving just as fast as the others :) Here are a few pictures of her from this evening (my camera is terrible so sorry about the poor quality)
IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

I've been following Ebba's story, but haven't posted until now. I am so glad she's doing so well, I can't believe how great she looks in these pictures! She's one special little hedgie :)

Back