Early xmas for the girls!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momenteller

I ordered three good sized packages for the girls in the past couple of weeks. I have no idea why, as I have plenty of wood here. I am starting to think I have a chin treat hoarding problem!

The first was from Stacey Wolf. The girls went nuts for her famous apple wood. Wish I could have taken a pic, but I made the mistake of leaving the package on the floor by the chin cages when I ran out the door to pick up my daughters. I came home five minutes later to a guilty looking dog licking his lips. This is the second time he's eaten the chin cookies Stacey sends me (you would think I'd have learned the first time?) Anyhoo, my Labrador thanks you for the cookies, Stacey!

The second package was from Ronda. Much has been made of Ronda's packing abilities, but this was really amazing:
635-1.jpg

636-1.jpg

Thank you Ronda!!!

The third package was from Susan. I was so excited to see that she got her hands on some ocotillo! I ordered 3 pounds, along with some other goodies. Of course, she threw in a few extras she knew I liked. The ocotillo smells so unusual, almost like sweet potatoes? That coupled with the interesting chewy exterior is gonna make the chins go nuts... as soon as they wake up. :D Thank you Susan!!!

646-1.jpg

647-1.jpg

I'll try to get some decent pics of the girls enjoying their treats later...

Wowweee! Definitely a good sized loot even without the cookies, lol! Now get to work on the pics of the girls :D!

Ooooo...extreme close up of the ocotillo!!! :D It's sweet potatoes with sugar and something else. It smells strange, but good...you'd never expect it.

The chins have a lot to chew...their incisors will be well worn and rounded down! :D hehe...try the seagrass dealy thing that I sent...I don't even know what that is - it's some bizarre prototype that fit in the box...

I ordered from both ladies with in the last 2 weeks, and yes I was amazed at how much Ronda can fit into a box! Susan, was amazing in her speed at which she put my stuff together, and we were talking a lot of wood!
The ocotillo is so beautiful! I had thoughts of keeping it for myself, but might share.
I can't smell that good, but will take your word for it. I can hardly wait to begin making toys out of it!

Oh and have no guilt in your hoarder abilities, I think I am just as guilty as you are! lol

Ooooo...extreme close up of the ocotillo!!!

You like that? ;) I had to-- I think ocotillo is so interesting! I am half tempted to chew on it myself. I am waiting to pass out the toys, including seagrass dealy, 'til tomorrow when I clean cages. I'm trying to figure out which chin will enjoy it the most. I spend waaaay too much time thinking about stuff like that! :crazy:

Christine-- I am ordering from you next! I've been drooling over your toys for so long. Just need to give my bank account a lil rest first!

Nice! I got some ocotillo from Susan too and it was awesome. I thought it had a chocolately smell to it...mixed with something else I couldn't put my finger on.

Nice stash! I can't wait to see pics of your chins enjoying them.
I can't resist any longer. I'm PMing Susan for some Ocotillo. :thumbsup:

i received some ocotillo from susan too!
my girl has never seen it before so i don't think she knows what to think of it lol.

that box from ronda is quite the box of goodies though

gee Kate, thanks to you i now have Rhino and Guss drool to clean up off the laptop, lol! what a great packing job Ronda did! I love chinnie mail days :))

Ahhh! I need ocotillo too! Must pm Susan. Don't feel bad about hoarding, if you could only see the last box I got from Susan :D my girls love her toys. You have to get bugs next time and her perches with toys hanging on them. I could go on and on.

Rondas great i ordered a bunch of cottonwood twigs from her like 3 months ago and have about two weeks worth left still after giving my girls like 6 twigs a day.. she really puts all the wood she can in the package!

Latest posts

Back