Ear Freckles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill of Beans

Sleeps with one eye open.
Our Guy, Snickers -a beige - has ear freckles. It seems to me as though they're darkening. Should I seek vet advice, or could this be this normal?

Snick_Av_JPG.jpg

It happens. Some beiges have a ton of ear freckles, some have only a speckle o'freckle lol. And sometimes they seem to get darker and accumulate more as they get older. Nothing to worry about. Freckles are cute!

so are they suppose to get freckles? My boy doesn't really have freckles but he's only 5 months old so is that why he doesn't have them?

Some beiges don't get them. Usually, the darker the beige, the darker the spots, but not always. They do show up as the chin gets older, and can darken as they continue to age.

I just sold my 9 yr. old beige [retired breeder] and he had a ton of freckles!

Generally, homo beiges do not get freckles. I have one that is about 6 and still no freckles.

Totally normal as you've heard! My little darling GiGi who's about 1 and a few months just got two tiny freckles on her nose!
Bobo and Abigail two of my beiges have freckes on ears and nose, but Leonard my 6 year old male beige has no freckles at all! I think they are totally cute and endearing.

My hetero beige males both had ear freckles. Wile E., my tan male and son to one of the beige boys, has no freckles at all. He is about 9 months old. Maybe, he'll get some later.

Our hetero beige, Carmen, didn't have freckles when we first got her. It took a little while for them to come in, so maybe he's just darkening up a little bit because he's getting older. Are they swelling or do they seem painful to the touch?

Latest posts

Back