Dyne?!?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cintistatern2005

Where can I buy Dyne from? I know chocolate chinchillas has it but can i buy it from like a health food store? Or is this something she makes? My sick boy needs some meat on him!!

Dyne is made for cats and dogs and I found it at a feed store. I would not use it to put meat on a chin though. Way too much sugar, there are much safer things IMO.

Dyne is made by Trophy Animal Health, Dyne shouldn't be used for weight gain unless there is no other option. It should be used for very sick chins that need a boost and will not take any food. It is high in fat and sugar. Unlike other animals that can process sugars well, it can cause digestive unbalance, etc. in chins because of the added sugar and high amounts of fat which can be hard to digest/store in high amounts. For chins that are being hand fed it is used because it usually tastes pretty good ( I've been told anyway, lol ) and it can be feed with a syringe.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail....&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=14153,35838,35687

If he is eating ( sorry I'm not utd on the statis) I would give a couple sunflower seeds a day or maybe a supplement, and other than good pellets and time, there is no magic way to get weight back on. A lot of that energy is going to heal cells and other tiny parts inside. Even the mom and kit supplement would be great for a healing chin really, protein, fiber, and calcium all right there!

On his own he is eating only like 4gm of pellets and some hay daily. He is getting critical care and i have slowed down on it to see if he will eat and, No! He is very bloated and is on cisapride formulated by a pharmacy. He is 7 months old and weighs 450. With the critical care he is sustaining his weight but not gaining. I am giving a ryerson oat supplement and he eats very little of it. He has been through alot over the last month. My girls are 4 months and weigh 515. LoL!! I know i cant base it on that cuz every chin is different but he is small. I am also giving lifeline by syringe daily.

If he's bloating I would not use Dyne. Dyne has been used for weight gain by many people, and at least one large well known rancher, but if you're dealing with bloat, the last thing you need is to be pushing excessive sugar into his system.

Right now concentrate on getting the bloat taken care of. Keep pushing the critical care and don't even bother worrying about him gaining weight at this point. If you're doing at least 45 mL of critical care a day, that should maintain his weight. But with his situation right now, I would be trying for doulbe that amount to try and push out the gas from the bloat.

OK, thanks everyone!! I am getting enough critical care in him to maintain his weight. I will try and push alot more though, i just dont like stressing him out! Cuz he hates being forced with a syringe. I have to wear a glove because he is bitting now and HARD everytime i feed!! Hopefully all goes well!!

Latest posts

Back