Dutchess Had Babies!! (Pic Heavy)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acbieri

Smile God Loves YOU :-D
First I just wanna say I'm not a breeder at all and don't plan on breeding at all. I was suppose to take in 3 more chins this coming week but it's fallen through because Dutchess the girl I took in April 1st, had babies June 3rd!! So I'm guessing the beginning of March is when she got pregnant because I didn't take her in until April. She had 2 beautiful baby boys! We named them Cosmo and Gizmo. We (as in my hubby and I) have Dutchess on the unsweet apple juice/water mix and the plain water in the other bottle as well. I'm feeding her Ryerson's Supplement every night as i've been feeding making sure she has fresh hay daily and they are in a baby safe cage. If there is anything else I need to know as i've read through all the baby chinnie threads and 100's of websites give me any advice at all i'll take it.
I've attached pics we took of them! They are soo cute. I'm getting another ferret nation when they are weaned I'm putting the boys in one section and Shiloh in the other section. Then Star and Dutchess is going to share a FN!! I'm really excited!
and again ANY advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!

33b1n2r.jpg

6z3jgz.jpg

Congrats! Dutchess's kits are adorable! Nice surprise, guess you got more chins earlier than you expected!

Babies are always adorable. As long as they are in a baby safe cage and nursing well you are doing everything you can

Correction They are 2 days old today I have a boy and a girl lol IDK what to name her I'm keeping cosmo for the boy, I thought about naming her something to match Dutchess's name i'm goin to keep her and Dutchess together! I'll let you know when I come up with a name LOL

I'm going to name her Delilah, so Dutchess and Delilah will be together :D

Thanks for all the comments. I was soo worried people were going to think i'm breeding and i swear i'm not lol.

Dutchess is doing awesome i still dont have a scale yet but Cosmo is getting fatter and Delilah seems like she's getting longer lol! Tomorrow they will be 10 days old and i've read to go ahead and giver her the dust bath after 10 days and she will teach the babies how to do their dust baths too. If i'm wrong please let me know!!

But I love the babies we hold them everyday and i've already got all the fleece for them!! :D I'm sooo excited I love them! LOL

Latest posts

Back