Drought

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been scary bad here (Indiana as well) we have had a yard fire a month and a half ago, and it was so dry it went up like gasoline was poured on it. We have heard of bailed hay here easily going for $10 a bale. We have been threatened with alot of storms but it's all blow no show, our grass is dead and like said before leaves are turning brown and falling off. Here is a picture I took last week, and like most storms around here it blew wind very strong but went right over us. They are saying that they are about to ban things such as keeping your pools full and washing your cars just so we have water to drink. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342995184.365916.jpg

We aren't getting hit too bad here in PA. My father-in-law was selling last years round bales for $15.00 a bale...and is looking at selling our timothy square bales(50-60 lbs this year) for about $3.00- $5.00 a bale..and he feels that is too high.

Feed prices are going up, though. Looks like our local crops aren't too bad here, either. Not the best we've seen, but not the worst either.

I have rain here for sale if anyone is interested. We have a trip planned to the ocean later this week and I really want some sun and warmth, and since you all have so much, we can make a trade! ;)

I've watched the grass and crops here wilt up pretty quickly. My neighbor had a large garden plowed this year and he lost his cabbage, lettuce, green beans, and corn.
We finally got rain here. 10 days straight of it.

I hope it rains everywhere else now

Back