Drop in pans for the FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chinnies

Where did you all get yours? I've seen one website (the Bass website) but it looks like the measurements for their pans are smaller than what the cage requires. Also, I'm not entirely sure I like how high the pans are (from what I've seen in some pictures of others' FNs. I'm not sure who got what from where. :p). I think I would want them shorter.

I'm just trying to get this all figured out so I can order everything at once.

Thanks!

I get mine from Bass. The measurements for the 'Ferret Pans' on their site is the correct measurement. You have to realize that you need the pan to be a bit smaller to actually get it through the doors, but they sit perfectly fine in the cage and there is no gap in between the cage and the pan. I actually have to put mine in at a 45 degree angle because I can't open my doors up the entire way due to where my cage is located in my room.

Tiffany pretty much summed it up. Bass is the way to go.

You can also have them made with different depths (just call and ask.) But keep in mind the higher the better. The less poo flying and pee sprays.

Great, thanks! I was just thrown off because the measurements were around four or five inches smaller than the cage measurements.

Great, thanks! I was just thrown off because the measurements were around four or five inches smaller than the cage measurements.

The pan has to fit inside the cage, which has different measurements than the outside of the cage. :)

Yeah, I didn't know till after I ordered mine too. I'll just wait till my pans get totally destroyed. Might be another 100 years though. Hehehe.

I wish I had known about this before I bought my pans a while back. Higher walled pans would be great at helping keep their mess inside.

Just a note that you need to make sure you call the California location. The other locations will tell you they can't make the pans this high because they don't have the equipment.

Back