Dog Eats Diabetic Owner's Toes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella Whateva

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=14191612
Crazy!
Basically the story is that a dog chewed off three of his owner's toes while he was sleeping. Apparently, this has happened before. This isn't because the dogs are aggressive, but because dogs have a natural instinct to amputate diseased flesh!!!

Wow, just another wonder of the animal kingdom...

wow!

what amazes me is that the owner is giving the dog away because of this, the dog following its natural instincts. would've been a better story if the owner took the necessary means to see that the dog can't do it again, and kept the dog instead.

Yeah I thought that was really sad. Like, they stressed the fact that the dog wasn't aggressive, so why give it away?
Maybe he's just traumatized o_O I mean, if my boyfriend ate my toes off in my sleep, I might have to give him away... even if I do love him

When I nearly my leg in a dirt bike accident I had a kinda crazy ferret. She would come flying out from under the bed wrap around my injured leg and attack, claw and bite it. I gave her to a ferret rescue. I told Toni she was crazy and her history. Toni had had her for a few months with no problems and a man fell in love with her and eventually took her home. Fast forward a couple weeks, the man is sitting on his bed reading the paper, ferret flys out of the bathroom leaps on the bed, over the paper and attaches her fangs to his forehead. Would not let go for the longest time. That poor man. She is living the rest of her happy life back at that rescue.

Back