does anyone ever think there chinchilla is dead??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
pebbles.jpg

ever since pebbles had her babies i catch her in a death pose everytime i walk in the room and it scares me...lol

puffontoppebbles.jpg

puff went to investigate

I've had a few that were pretty good at playing dead. My best was Bamm Bamm. He would go through a whole "I am dying!" routine by pulling himself along the cage bars and then follow that with his death pose. You see him peeking every now and then to see if anyone was paying attention.

Kiwi gets my husband almost every afternoon. The look on his face is always so funny since he pretends he doesn't like her.

Max has been known to sleep on his back with his legs stretched out. It's not even warm in their room! It freaks me out, and I always have to poke him to make sure!

Zim sleeps in the same position it was described on here that they lay in when they're overheated. Even though I've had him for a while and I now know it's just how he prefers to sleep, I still always have to check to make sure! Hahaha

I've had a couple scare me a few times but now I'm used to the odd positions they sleep in. I have two girls who often sleep on their backs or sides with their legs stretched out as if they're in rigor mortis. It was pretty scary the first time I saw it!

And since you don't seem to be going back to the other thread, did you ever find out the details why Mickey is dead?

When I first got Trixie, I remember reading somewhere that lying on their side may be a sign of illness or overheat. One afternoon I walked from my office to the living room, looked in on her and there she was..all spread on her side in her wheel, feet just hanging off...much like the first pic above. About had a stroke...then suddenelly the eyes popped open, jst the head came up ad I got a sleepy eyed look that seemed to say "What??!!"

yea she looked so stiff thats why it freaks me out but ive caught her laying like this atleast 10 times since the babies so i knew she was alive i just tried to be quiet and take a pic and she didnt budge when puff jumped on her lol

and no i never got around to it. Boosie went back for a check up but was at a different vet so I havent even talked to him since then..He isnt my exotic vet so i dont see him unless I have to.

lol yea it is cute in its OWN way of knowing that she is alive...i sent the pic to my boyfriend over pic mail and he called me freaking out thinking I found her dead...he didn't even bother to read what the message said lol..poor thing I scared him to death :(

Yes! I made mine a little house out of wood and there was a small part open on the back that his poop could fall out, I walked in and his head was sticking out and he wasn't moving! I freaked out! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back