Do my chins need this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceylwolf

ok, the breeder I got my one chin from feeds a vitamin supplement. Here's the description of it from her webpage.
"One level teaspoon daily per chinchilla. This fortified grain supplement is very much loved by chinchillas. Vitagrain is a blend of fresh grains and seeds with a powder coated vitamin and mineral supplement."

I feed my chins Tradition food, hay, apple and elm sticks, and a treat once in awhile (rose hips, chin cookie, etc.). and the have lava ledges and pumice stones to chew on. I have also been feeding this vitagrain supplement too. But I will be running out soon and can't get ahold of her to order more. I'm just wondering if it's really needed.

No they do not need it. Many of us use supplements but you have to be careful with it as there are some shady suppliments out there

I feed the Ryerson suppliment and lifeline. but not even daily. It is good for my nursing moms and pregnant females.

My boy is 2 1/2 years old and he has eaten this his whole life. Will it hurt him to just stop now?

won't hurt to stop just watch the poop. But might not hurt to keep using it either. I have never heard of it, but doesn't mean that it isn't good there is a lot of stufff out there

I'd love to keep using it, I just can't get ahold of the breeder to get anymore. It's a mix she makes up herself. My chins really love it and I'm almost out. Maybe she'll call me back, if not I guess they will have to go without.

thanks for the link and let me know when you start making and selling too. I guess I will give the breeder until this weekend to get back to me, then I'll order some from Ryersons. Thanks so much :)

I use Ryerson suppliment as do a couple other breeders I know. I recommend it highly. You don't need much though so be very cautious about how much you give. I give it every other day to those not in breeding and everyday to those that are or have kits. I Love it and also they are so quick to get it to me.

If you are breeding how ever it may boost your kit numbers and they do NOT pay kit support for the extras.:crazy:

"If you are breeding how ever it may boost your kit numbers and they do NOT pay kit support for the extras.":rofl:

Sheri, this just cracked me up. I use Ryerson's supplement myself. It's good stuff and they are pretty quick to get it in the mail.

Not kidding bout extras. I have an older girl who had only had singles and gave me trips last fall.

Ask Christine from Twilight chichillas in WA . She got same problem. LOL Use Ryerson more kits. LOL

The stuff I feed them now I give them 1/2 a teaspoon daily, sometimes a little less. I'm not breeding so no need to worry about filing for kit support :)
I think I'll go ahead and just order, that way I'll get it before their old stuff runs out.

Thanks for the help everyone!

how much is it?

i looked at their site but didnt see prices or do you have to contact them for prices?

thanks

You need to go to their paypal page to find pricing on their items.

I don't know the price per pound asd I buy 10LB. Boxes. Ten Pounds is $28.00 shipping included. I can't imagine ordering by the pound. LOL I go through 10 pounds every 2 months or so.

The breeder I got my chins from also uses Ryerson supplement. Ten pounds sounds much to for only two chins but I guess it won't really go bad.

Does anybody know what is it and if it is possible to just mix it up oneself?

Latest posts

Back