Do I need a ladder? [PICS]

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babygirllllll

So I've been hearing how bad the metal ladders are for chin legs and toesies, so I've decided to do away with mine. I was just wondering if I actually even NEEDED to put another ladder back in? I have ledges on the side of the cage and he seems to be content hoping from them onto the larger platform. I rarely even seen him use the ladder when it was in the cage, he mostly hoped from the ledges anyways, and sometimes even straight off the floor. So would my little fuzz butt be fine without a ladder?

Heres some pics so you can see how high the platform/ledges are:

2envwit.jpg

r9fv29.jpg

6sri9f.jpg

A ladder, no, but it wouldn't hurt to put a ledge or two on the back wall so that they're not jumping straight across from the small ledge to the plastic shelf. You could just do away with the plastic shelf and make it all wooden ledges.

I agree with the above... looks like the chin can jump fine from one to another, but I second sticking another ledge in the back there, so it's not such a far jump.

I agree, you can ditch the shelf and make nice wood ones pretty cheap and give them more room, check out the Ferret Nation Club pics for ideas.

Back