dishrag hog - Tex is sick... again

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quills crossed here that you get answers. Let me know how it went, when you get back from Doc's.

CBC returned nothing out of the ordinary. Guess that's sort of good news and bad news all rolled into one. Suggests that there's not an infection to treat (good), but not a course of action (bad).

He's still tired-looking. Not interested in wheeling. Not steady on his feet. He moves his kibbles out of his dish to hidey spots, but doesn't eat them. Instead, he eats syringed food with gusto. And snuggles like a champ.

So... idea is maybe we're looking at something like a pancreatic tumor that's messing with blood sugar. Least invasive way to address: give him a little sugar this evening and see what that does for him - like a bit of honey. They can also do blood tests... my little pincushion!! Steroids may be a possibility. And there's the option of doing exploratory surgery to see if they can see something awry.

I'm going with "let's say this is a blood sugar thing, give him sugar" for this evening. And then will be in touch with the vet about how that goes. Quills crossed!!

...well... Tex is still here; no major change. In contrast, my grandfather is no longer here; he died this afternoon. He was my last remaining grandparent. An entire generation gone now.

I only gave Tex a wee bit yesterday... wasn't sure how he'd handle things. We're upping the sugar dose a touch tonight. I'm feeding my little hummingbird now.

:( I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. The girls and I send you hugs and whisker kisses.

Definitely not a blood sugar thing. Little man is putting up a good fight, but I don't know for how much longer.

Mommy loves you Texie. You do what you need to do and I will be here for you. I'll always be here for you little boy.

Be strong Tex. Keep fighting and hopefully we will figure out what is going on and get you fixed back up. We love you little man.

Okay... so if little man started his meds evening of 3/20 and it's 3/22 now without any noticeable difference - in either direction. Just a slow, slow continued loss of energy and ability to do things on his own :(

Guess I'll check in with his doc tomorrow. But, so far, I think I'm looking at a slow progression into [the not good place].

Hugs and prayers for you and our little prickly penpal.It is so hard to watch any living creature slipping away.But you have and are doing everything possible for Tex .We'll be praying extra hard today for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back