Disgusting!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wont even watch them, just get rid of them why even post something like that on this website, whats the matter with you, nobody wants to see that kind of stuff, dont do it again please

I just watched the first one, and disliked AND flagged it, seeing all the comments, on the videos, and hey, maybe they will actually learn!!!! it's not disgusting, it's animal abuse, and it's life, sadly, plus this is a chinchilla and hedgehog website, in general topics, so why not post it here, where other chinchilla lovers, can go on, and dislike/ report the video??

and chin gal, reading the comments, a couple hundred others have reported those too, so youtube, should do something about it, that poor chin

Last edited by a moderator:
i wont even watch them, just get rid of them why even post something like that on this website, whats the matter with you, nobody wants to see that kind of stuff, dont do it again please

Excuse me? There's absolutely no reason for you to be rude to me. I posted them to bring them to other's attention in hope to get them off of there. But no, let's just cover our eyes and pretend that it's not up on youtube getting thousands of views and sending out a very disturbing message. Something needs to be done about it.

D.Who said:
I just watched the first one, and disliked AND flagged it, seeing all the comments, on the videos, and hey, maybe they will actually learn!!!! it's not disgusting, it's animal abuse, and it's life, sadly, plus this is a chinchilla and hedgehog website, in general topics, so why not post it here, where other chinchilla lovers, can go on, and dislike/ report the video??

Thank you! I really hope it gets taken down. I think it's incredibly disturbing and the fact that there are even a small fraction of people commenting how funny it is makes me sick. :( And you're right, it is animal abuse. So I'd love to know, despite the tons of people that have already flagged/reported it, why it's still up? :(

Forum members can post what they want when they want, its up to the forum leaders to control threads, not forum members.

Chefscott, if you ever find a post to be offensive please click on the "Report Post" button in the upper right hand of the post you would like to report. A moderator will look at it and decide if it should be left in place or modified. Please do not self police in the forums. Report the post and it will be looked at.

That being said - I can tell by the first post that I do not want to even watch the video(s) in question. So I choose not to watch them. If you think you may find something offensive, you can choose not to watch it or look at it.

Obviously this poor chin isn't being treated well, although the person commanding his moves seems to have a gentle hold on him. I think the problem, in this case, is that a parent has given a child a chinnie as a pet, and the child clearly isn't responsible enough to have this kind of pet. It looks like a child playing with one of their toys. This person should never have been given a chinnie as a pet...so I blame the parents as much as the child for the neglect.

i watched them, the poor thing,being manhandled like that,if i tried that with kishi i'd probably get bitten =/ she's lucky her chinchilla didn't get seriously hurt

The last time I checked, a chinchilla was not a stuffed toy to be made to "dance" for amusement. :(

I will not even watch the videos either...I know there is animal abuse in the world but for those that can watch it please do anything you can to see if you can report it but will it get back to the police to where something is actually done???? I pray so. I know God will take care of such garbage on this earth and these peoples will get what is coming to them. I can understand why someone on the forums would get upset because it makes you furious and makes you want to stop this personally.

Im sorry that lashed out at you on my post, I didnt mean to be rude or anything like that, I sometimes have problems expressing myself and I know and have been told many times to slow down and think things through before I say something or type in this case, but for real I am sincerely sorry for that outburst to chin gal, and for I apoligize to chins&hedgies as well I didnt mean any disrespect to anyone or this forums integrity. I just hate animal abuse, I really cant take it, to see itor hear about it, and when I saw that there were videos that displayed abuse to chinchillas I lost it, but in the future I wil calm down before I post, I hope I am still welcomed here, sorry again chin gal, you did nothing wrong

The police don't care about a kid playing with their pet. The best you can hope for is that it will be removed fro YouTube.

If enough people report it, YouTube will remove it.
I had everyone on my Facebook report an animal abuse video, last year. It was removed within a couple days.
Even if you are not willing to watch the video, go report it. If enough people do it, the video is removed, and the user uploading the video is made aware of why the video was removed. I doubt a child will care that people reviewed it as animal abuse, but it's worth it to try.

Thank for helping to report it, everyone! And Riven, I can't believe someone would do that. :( What's wrong with people?!

Im sorry that lashed out at you on my post, I didnt mean to be rude or anything like that, I sometimes have problems expressing myself and I know and have been told many times to slow down and think things through before I say something or type in this case, but for real I am sincerely sorry for that outburst to chin gal, and for I apoligize to chins&hedgies as well I didnt mean any disrespect to anyone or this forums integrity. I just hate animal abuse, I really cant take it, to see itor hear about it, and when I saw that there were videos that displayed abuse to chinchillas I lost it, but in the future I wil calm down before I post, I hope I am still welcomed here, sorry again chin gal, you did nothing wrong

Hey, it's all good. I guess everyone's entitled to lose their cool every now and then. ;) Don't sweat it.

Well.. Can't say that it's the right thing to do to the chin, but if it were being hurt, or wasn't completely used to being handled by her, and didn't completely trust her, I doubt the chinchilla would allow such behavior? It would bite her, wouldn't let her near it, or would otherwise freak out? So while it seems terrible, she does seem to have a gentle enough hold on him, and he clearly trusts her completely, so he's not being hurt?

Again, so I don't get bashed, I'm not condoning the behavior, just saying, she has to be doing something right to have that chins' trust, because I couldn't imagine a chinchilla just letting themselves be hurt or thrown around without a fight. They're not completely defenseless and getting the **** bitten out of her fingers should definitely have detered her activity.:hmm:

I regret watching the videos. Seeing people treat animals like that makes me sick :( I reported both videos.

Well.. Can't say that it's the right thing to do to the chin, but if it were being hurt, or wasn't completely used to being handled by her, and didn't completely trust her, I doubt the chinchilla would allow such behavior? It would bite her, wouldn't let her near it, or would otherwise freak out? So while it seems terrible, she does seem to have a gentle enough hold on him, and he clearly trusts her completely, so he's not being hurt?

Again, so I don't get bashed, I'm not condoning the behavior, just saying, she has to be doing something right to have that chins' trust, because I couldn't imagine a chinchilla just letting themselves be hurt or thrown around without a fight. They're not completely defenseless and getting the **** bitten out of her fingers should definitely have detered her activity.:hmm:

No, not always. Sometimes animals get so scared that they don't fight back. Some dogs will allow themselves to be beaten to a pulp, while never once laying a tooth on their attacker. They just shut down. And you can see the chinchilla struggling to get away at 2 different points in the video, and in the end when he runs away. He is clearly distressed. And I keep hearing how gentle they're being, while I just don't see it? Especially with how fragile their middles are, that can't be good for them. Not to mention the fact that they're roughly manipulating his fragile little arms, and roughly shaking him around/scooting him around the floor. It's incredibly rough in my opinion. :(

Unfortunatly unless this was a video of the kid beating the animal or seting it on fire no authority will act or call it abuse..
I don't think this is at all right and this kid should not have a fragile animal. Parents or lack there of is what is to blame for this.
Unfortunatly even having YouTube remove it will not really do any good. Though at least it will not be able to inspire some one else to do this with a chin...

The chin swimming in the pool was worse, I agree with riven on that

Latest posts

Back