Disaster......

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eroomlorac

Poppy the mosaic squibbit
Today I decided to let my six girls have playtime together. It was a disaster. Nola, one of my rescue girls, took it upon herself to try to pick a fight with every one of the 4 other girls caged together. At first there was just kekking and humping, then the fighting began. I scrambled to separate them all. I'll never do that again. The only funny thing was after Nola kekked at and humped poor big ole Trixie my granddaughter (innocently) said to Nola, "Now you need a toy." I was thinking more like a cigarette. ROFL Nola is one vicious furry beast, that's for sure. And the funny thing is of the two rescue girls, Nola is the friendlier one. Nora always acts like you are going to kill her. Lesson learned.

Sorry it was such a disaster, glad you were there to keep an eye on everyone!

I wish I had been there to witness er I mean help out with that! Sorry it didn't go smoothly!

I've foolishly let Bobo, GiGi, Abigail and Solange have playtime together thinking that after 4 years Bobo and Abby might get along! LOL! FAIL!

Lesson learned without any bloodshed is a good lesson!

I suppose. I did sustain some scratches to my right forearm. :)

BAD GIRLS!!! From now on the two rescues then the for girls seperately. Houdini is always alone for playtime......for obvious reasons.

Lol Carol. Is it safe to assume Houdini's not going anywhere despite the desire for an all-girl house?

Chinnie WW2 is always scary!

Houdini could come live with me, if only the boyfriend wouldn't slaughter me and if only Smudge didn't want to eat every chinchilla he lays eyes on... *sigh*

Lol Carol. Is it safe to assume Houdini's not going anywhere despite the desire for an all-girl house?

WRONG!! Houdini is still looking for a permanent home. I don't think I'm very good at advertising. No one has shown any interest in him even though he truly is the calmest chinchilla I have.

Chinnie WW2 is always scary!

Houdini could come live with me, if only the boyfriend wouldn't slaughter me and if only Smudge didn't want to eat every chinchilla he lays eyes on... *sigh*

You'll have to work on the boyfriend and just keep Houdini and Smudge separate. :)

I'm so happy that no one got hurt other than your scratched up arm, that must have been scary. And now after the fact, I'm just picturing you breaking up the fight in my head, LOL!

I'm so happy that no one got hurt other than your scratched up arm, that must have been scary. And now after the fact, I'm just picturing you breaking up the fight in my head, LOL!

It wasn't pretty. I had a chin tail in each hand and had my granddaughter open the door so I could deposit said chins in their cages then went back for two more. It certainly was a frantic scramble. The scratches on my arm happened when I tried to support one on my forearm rather than carrying her suspended by her tail to her cage. She was a little to pissed off to just go along for the ride. :hair:

I let 11 out at one time, disaster is the correct term for the mayhem that happened!

What would inspire us to attempt this? Have you ever wondered? please describe how you rescued them all from each other. I thought 6 was bad enough to separate!! There was a lot of fur in the play area. I think I could have built a whole new chin out of the fur that was everywhere. The biggest lesson I learned is that Nola is one of the world's biggest biatches of a chin when with anyone other than Nora. I've never seen such a cute, cuddly, furry creature wrath **** like that. Holy crap!! I will pay closer attention now to people who have experienced a chin killing another chin. I just couldn't imagine it........I sure can now!!

What inspired me was bad judgement-They were at my second home and they had the whole large living room set up with tons of toys, boxes, tubes and chin mountain. I was thinking the area was so large and so much stuff to do I could just get playtime over faster if they all played at once. Opened all the cage doors and they emerged-went OK for about 5 min and all heck broke loose-1/2 ran back to the cages, a couple hid in the tubes and I had a 4 chin fight to break up which led me to have bloody fingers and arm-only one chin injury of a bit ear thank goodness.

I have many a time dreamed about letting all my guys out together and what fun it *could* be...then I remember back to all the times I have had to separate angry chins from eating each other and that has promptly got rid of that dream!

Btw Carol, boyfriend isn't opposed to more chins..just more cages! If Smudge would play nice, Houdini could live with him...but there is no way I will ever put him back with another chin. :(

We are hopefully going to be in the market of buying a house in a couple of years...I will be sure to get a chin room with plenty of space so he can't gripe about not having enough room. ;)

Dang! This thread is cracking me up. :hilarious: I'm still laughing. Due to the fact that if one of my chins is on the run in the chin room I have a multiple reactions.
Some go near another cage and the "nose war" starts. Most of the girls just wander around and could care less. And I know two boys who would reach into their chinny arsenal for grenades. Thus we don't have playtime "together".

Latest posts

Back