Difference between Critter Nation and Ferret Nation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduation

Is there really a difference between these two cages apart from the price?... :hmm: I can't really tell.

The ferret nation has 1 inch bar spacing and its vertical spacing vs the critter nation has horizontal 1/2 inch spacing. Oh and the critter nation just snaps together vs the ferret nation which you have to use screws and such to hold it together. Other than that i don't know lol I only have a ferret nation.

Critter Nation has smaller bar spacing and the bars run horizontal instead of vertical. It also snaps together instead of having to be screwed together.

Yeah, the critter nation is a lot easier to put together because it just snaps in place, but I hear this makes it less sturdy than a FN. I have a CN and it seems sturdy enough though. And because the wire spacing is horizontal, my chins like to climb the walls.

I have both the FN 141,142,and now a CN single level. I definitely prefer the FN line. The quality is definitely better and I like being able to give lots of scritches and belly rubs through the cage.Spacing on CN too narrow to do that very easily.

Back