didn't want to have to know this...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
Back when I lived in CT I was dating a guy for 4 years. One year as an X-mas gift he gave me two chinchillas-brothers. Chubbs and Zucko <3

Zucko was my baby, and Chubbs was more his. We ended our relationship and sadly he refused to let me keep them. I was heart broken. then two weeks before I'm moving across the country he calls me up and tells me I have to take them because he can't have them in his new apt. I work things out to do so and then he tells me that he gave them away...

so it's been going on two years that we've been apart, and I just found out last night from his niece that both of my babies have past. They died of a heat stroke and Zucko became a fur chewer after I left. I saw pics of them a few weeks before they passed and they had each lost at least 150 grams.

So here is a moment taken for the babies that should have seen a better life. I wish I could have done more and am now having a really hard time about not figuring out a way that I could have kept them.

That is a truly sad story...may they rest in peace.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I hate when this kind of thing happens whether it be animals or children. Please know that it wasn't your fault in any way, you did what you could and tried to take the chinnies from him. It might help to believe that they are in a better place now, not enduring further neglect. I hope you feel better about this one day soon....hug.. or rather scritch heiney and the others for me, k? :)

You tried your best. It isn't your fault. I am sorry for your loss. May they rest in peace.

i am very sorry to hear about chubbs and zucko.

how can you tell from a picture how much weight a chins lost (if any)? and

do you finally have a/c in santa barbara now that you know that chins DO die from heat?

do you finally have a/c in santa barbara now that you know that chins DO die from heat?

his niece told me how they got "less fluffy" and she could feel their ribs and such and you could tell in the pics that they were a lot smaller...sorry for the guesstimate...I was more upset about them passing due to the lack of care then being right on about their weight

and thanks for the compassion, but I never said they didn't die from heat (I'm not stupid) or that I didn't want/wasn't planning on getting an a/c just that I didn't have one at the time...sorry that we aren't all perfect from square one and the fact that my house (have a thermo. in the bedroom to keep track of the temp.) has never hit higher than 70 inside so I didn't feel the need to rush out and spend money I didn't have at the time on a free standing a/c because the windows I have couldn't fit the one that was given to me.

But thanks for the kind words and understanding-it really makes it a lot easier to deal with a hard situation when those that you turn to for comfort are there for you:rolleyes:

Doesn't she say that the chins weren't even in her possession when they died or did I miss something?

I am very sorry about Chubbs and Zucko.. but someone said it already.. it wasn't your fault that they passed or that they weren't cared for properly, after you were forced to leave them. That burden lies with your ex, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Remember the boys when they were healthy and happy ..you will see them again! :)

It is sad, it is unfortunate that there is nothing we can do once they leave our care. All you can do is hope it was a good decision...sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't

I just came across this and wanted to offer my sympathies. I'm sorry it couldn't have worked out better with the timing so you could care for your babies again. Obviously they weren't placed with responsible owners. I know you loved them and I hope you can find peace at heart.

Sorry for your loss. YOu tried your best to save them. I know the pain (and I'm sure others do too) of lossing a beloved pet. But time does heal all wounds. Again I'm truely sorry.

Jean

sorry child if i didn't show enough compassion but i don't have much sympathy for people who talk the talk and don't walk the walk! btw, i was just as hard on myself when i lost a chin to an a/c failure (just so i am clear about not trying to hold others up to a standard i don't try to hold myself too)
and thanks for the compassion, but I never said they didn't die from heat (I'm not stupid) or that I didn't want/wasn't planning on getting an a/c just that I didn't have one at the time...sorry that we aren't all perfect from square one and the fact that my house (have a thermo. in the bedroom to keep track of the temp.) has never hit higher than 70 inside so I didn't feel the need to rush out and spend money I didn't have at the time on a free standing a/c because the windows I have couldn't fit the one that was given to me.

But thanks for the kind words and understanding-it really makes it a lot easier to deal with a hard situation when those that you turn to for comfort are there for you:rolleyes:

i was not talking about these chins but about the long OMG WHAT WILL I DO thread in cnq last summer about how she moved to santa barbara and the air was so bad because of the fires (remember) and she had no a/c and OMG...

GMAB!

Doesn't she say that the chins weren't even in her possession when they died or did I miss something?

sorry child if i didn't show enough compassion but i don't have much sympathy for people who talk the talk and don't walk the walk! btw, i was just as hard on myself when i lost a chin to an a/c failure (just so i am clear about not trying to hold others up to a standard i don't try to hold myself too)

i was not talking about these chins but about the long OMG WHAT WILL I DO thread in cnq last summer about how she moved to santa barbara and the air was so bad because of the fires (remember) and she had no a/c and OMG...

GMAB!

First off, please don't call me child-you may not like or agree with me, but I don't like being spoken down to. Second off, the chins that died were not even in my posession. Third off-even though I already stated it-Since moving to California I have yet to have a heat issue with my chinchillas and have bought an a/c as a back up anyways. After the thread on CNQ happened, many (I think close to 10) people pmed me saying "Not to worry because they know exactly what it is like where I live and that (because I stated then as well that I was going to buy one) that the time in between would be fine...People that live in CA and understood my point. I had only been here a short time and hadn't had the money to buy an a/c because I need a free standing one and they are pricey.

I think it was immature to attack my thread with your negative and unecessary remarks. If you have an issue with me and the way I care for my chins, I'd be happy to discuss or debate it with you-but privately-not when I am trying to hold on to one last happy memory of chins that were lost to no fault of me own

In addition-just to make things clear-the old CNQ thread wasn't even about the heat (because my house wasn't hot) it was that I was worried about the smoke in the air bothering them if we got evacuated because my sisters car (the person we would leave with) windows don't all work.

What is with the OMG jokes....I mean really...:yuck:

Sending sympathy to you for your loss of the boys. I bet they were really, really cute
together. I love the way they snuggle when they're in pairs. They're always in your
heart and they always will be--that's what matters.

Back