Delilah's so cute!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is adorable! Looks like she is adventurous, too! Great picture of her in the clothes drawer!

You've got a beautiful little chin :)

to answer your questions, yes she is curious! She is into EVERTYTHING when out! I have to watch her like a hawk, lol
But she is just so darn cute!

Actually it is tied to the cage bars as well, it is missing the knob that screws on the back to hold it onto the bars so I had to rig it up! I really want to get her the Chin Surfer but am afraid this cheesy cage won't hold up to it! These people had her in the most ghetto set up with one toy, all plastic and only a plastic igloo to sleep in:banghead:
I have done the best I can, I am now checking Craigslist often for a bigger cage.

I know how frustrating it can be when you're doing your absolute best and people still nit pick you apart. I didn't know it was attached as well (one of my rats actually managed to get it off the bars by just running on it) and I didn't want your girl to get trapped. Do what you're doing and take it a step at a time, you'll get there. ;)

A lot of people just don't know any better. I'm afraid if I hadn't found this site, my set up would have been a lot of plastic (after all, it is the main thing they sell for them). Chins are quite expensive and many people aren't willing to spend that kind of money on a 'rodent'. I'm just happy I found this site and all the wonderful people who have nicely and rightfully set me on the correct course.

Besides craiglist, I'd look for rat/chin forums in your area. For instance a rat forum in FL I frequent sell a lot of ferret and critter nations at wonderful prices. Maybe you'd have better luck there? Hope you find one soon!

I know how frustrating it can be when you're doing your absolute best and people still nit pick you apart. I didn't know it was attached as well (one of my rats actually managed to get it off the bars by just running on it) and I didn't want your girl to get trapped. Do what you're doing and take it a step at a time, you'll get there. ;)

A lot of people just don't know any better. I'm afraid if I hadn't found this site, my set up would have been a lot of plastic (after all, it is the main thing they sell for them). Chins are quite expensive and many people aren't willing to spend that kind of money on a 'rodent'. I'm just happy I found this site and all the wonderful people who have nicely and rightfully set me on the correct course.

Besides craiglist, I'd look for rat/chin forums in your area. For instance a rat forum in FL I frequent sell a lot of ferret and critter nations at wonderful prices. Maybe you'd have better luck there? Hope you find one soon!

Thank you! And for the record I did not think you were nit picking :)

We all care about our Chins and want what is best for them. I know the people I got her from did not purposely neglect her but I just feel like it is easy to do a little research and know how to properly care for an animal. I did not know anything about Chinchilla's until I looked online, now I know a ton but am still learning.

Thanks for the tips on the rat forums, I will look into that!

Latest posts

Back