Delilah's so cute!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crys12065

I have had Delilah for over a month now and can not get over how adorable she is! I don't know how I ever went without a Chin in my life!

Here are a few pics of my little princess

"Mommy, LET ME OUT!!!" (she was literally just put back in her cage after play time, but she is chewing on the bars to come out!!)

fids_P6190067.jpg

fids_P6080092.jpg

fids_P6080094.jpg

fids_P6080119.jpg

fids_P6010184.jpg

How precious! My little one does the same thing lol. May I offer a suggestion though? Plastic is really bad for chins. When they chew it it builds up in their stomach and can cause an impaction, which is deadly :( I would suggest replacing the cage with something made of metal and wood (or if you can find a replacement for the plastic parts of the cage that would be ok too). I'm not sure where to get good deals on cages, maybe someone else could give you some good sites/stores for that? I have a ferret nation but it is huge and cost me $200 from ferrets.com (plus the cost of buying metal replacement pans for it since it includes plastic pans. I got the replacements on the website for Bass Equipment). Also, since the wheel also appears to be plastic, I would also suggest replacing that. Some good ones are the chinspin or flying saucer (I think these are produced by Quality Cage but maybe someone else can confirm that?) or the silver surfer which can be found on chinchillas.com and is a bit cheaper than the other 2. I have a silver surfer and I like it, it is quiet and sturdy. Congrats on your fur baby and welcome to CnH!

Last edited:
How precious! My little one does the same thing lol. May I offer a suggestion though? Plastic is really bad for chins. When they chew it it builds up in their stomach and can cause an impaction, which is deadly :( I would suggest replacing the cage with something made of metal and wood (or if you can find a replacement for the plastic parts of the cage that would be ok too). I'm not sure where to get good deals on cages, maybe someone else could give you some good sites/stores for that? I have a ferret nation but it is huge and cost me $200 from ferrets.com (plus the cost of buying metal replacement pans for it since it includes plastic pans. I got the replacements on the website for Bass Equipment). Also, since the wheel also appears to be plastic, I would also suggest replacing that. Some good ones are the chinspin or flying saucer (I think these are produced by Quality Cage but maybe someone else can confirm that?) or the silver surfer which can be found on chinchillas.com and is a bit cheaper than the other 2. I have a silver surfer and I like it, it is quiet and sturdy. Congrats on your fur baby and welcome to CnH!

Thank you! I adopted Delilah and she came with the cage. When I got her it had all plastic shelves in it, I replaced them all with wood ledges and the only plastic left is the bottom pan. She does not chew on the bottom pan or the wheel, I keep an eye on it. Unfortunately I can not afford a new cage for her right now but plan on getting the FN142 when I can as well as a Chin Surfer wheel.

Very cute chin!! She might be one of those who doesn't chew, but an alternative to your plastic pan is to line it with fleece. I'v read where others have done this. She looks like one very loved and spoiled girl!

Very cute chin!! She might be one of those who doesn't chew, but an alternative to your plastic pan is to line it with fleece. I'v read where others have done this. She looks like one very loved and spoiled girl!

Thanks! She is definitely loved! she makes me want another one, lol

Yep her pan has a fleece liner in it too :thumbsup:.

She's beautiful!! I love her coloring!

I had a very similar cage with my first chin, Misty. I found a double Critter Nation in perfect condition on craigslist, and just purchased the metal pans from Bass. I would definitely recommend watching craigslist if you are interested in upgrading her cage. Since you have obviously covered all the plastic that you can, you can take your time and wait for a good deal!

Delilah is adorable and I love that photo of her in the drawer!

Adorable girl! Have you thought about attaching the silent spinner directly to the side of the cage? It looks like you have it on the metal stand. The only reason I suggest this is because I had one in with my girls originally and they ran so hard on it that they actually broke the bars of the critter nation where it was attached (they aren't that old either). I can only imagine that a stand wouldn't really hold up at all to the bouncing and even though I highly doubt she'd get trapped, it would be unfortunate if it was to tip over and happen.

Drawer picture is my favorite too. I bet she left you some presents in there!

Adorable girl! Have you thought about attaching the silent spinner directly to the side of the cage? It looks like you have it on the metal stand. The only reason I suggest this is because I had one in with my girls originally and they ran so hard on it that they actually broke the bars of the critter nation where it was attached (they aren't that old either). I can only imagine that a stand wouldn't really hold up at all to the bouncing and even though I highly doubt she'd get trapped, it would be unfortunate if it was to tip over and happen.

Drawer picture is my favorite too. I bet she left you some presents in there!

Actually it is tied to the cage bars as well, it is missing the knob that screws on the back to hold it onto the bars so I had to rig it up! I really want to get her the Chin Surfer but am afraid this cheesy cage won't hold up to it! These people had her in the most ghetto set up with one toy, all plastic and only a plastic igloo to sleep in:banghead:
I have done the best I can, I am now checking Craigslist often for a bigger cage.

Latest posts

Back