Date for the CA January, 2013 Show???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn & The Chins

The Chinchilla WhisKerer
Hey, Cali girls, just checking to see if you have any dates set for the January show. I need to start watching for cheap airfares and put in for time off from work!!!

I had such a great time last year, I'm planning on coming again!!!

We are looking at the weekend of January 11, 12 and 13th right now. Nothing is concrete yet, but that's the weekend we are hoping for!

I'm working on the date for the October show right now. We're hoping for the 20th.

I've never been to a show before but was told a while back there should be one in October. When I saw the dates for the January show come up first I thought I was going to miss out because we have a trip already scheduled for Vegas at that time. Any idea where the October show is going to take place? I'm going to have a ton of questions leading up to it too I'm sure.

The October show will hopefully be held at the Hotel De Oro in Santa Nella, CA so long as the hotel gives us our usual rates.

That's Santa Nella in the bay area right? not Santa Nella at the intersection of I-5 and Highway 33 just south of Gustine and north of Los Banos. Not sure why there'd be two cities with the same name in california....

I believe Santa Nella is on the 5. I heard it was held there so its more of a central spot for NorCal and SoCal members to meet.

I just looked up the Hotel de Oro on Google Maps and it said "permanently closed"? Weird. I've never seen anything like that come up on the map.

I believe Santa Nella is on the 5. I heard it was held there so its more of a central spot for NorCal and SoCal members to meet.

I just looked up the Hotel de Oro on Google Maps and it said "permanently closed"? Weird. I've never seen anything like that come up on the map.

It is the one off the 5 fwy in Santa Nella. The hotel looks like a mission.
Maybe it can be listed under a different name.

I just spoke with staff at the hotel a few days ago so they are not closed. It may be a different name now instead of "Hotel de Oro" it has changed so many times, it's hard to keep up with the new name.

It is the Santa Nella off of the I-5 and the 33 as it is a more easily accessed location for most of the members.

WOO HOO!!!

I'm watching airfares like a hawk!!!

THANKS for the confirmation. My first chin event to look forward to in 2013!!!

Last year, it was in Sacramento. I'm thinking that it might be the same place this year, but the Cali Girls will have to confirm.

It will be at the same Ramada Inn in Sacramento! It's a drive, Cornelia...but it is SO worth it! This show is very different from the field days. More formal and a lot more fun with the banquet and everything else we have going on. I have to drive about 8 hours to get there and I end up having friendly conversations with myself and yelling at my radio...but the momentary bouts of insanity are worth it! This is definitely my favorite California show of the year. The field days are quickies to hold me over. ;)

I really hope you can make it! It's a ton of fun!

THANK YOU, SOUTHWEST!!!

40% off sale = $228 to Sacramento for January show!!! Just booked it!!! I can't wait to see everyone!!!

Back